Location: BOSTON, MA
Job ID: 167271-1A
Date Posted: May 5, 2021
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Regional Program Director of CoCM Integration’s clinical services will oversee the adequacy, appropriateness, and quality of clinical programming. This includes the clinical orientation, ongoing training and ongoing clinical supervision of staff; management of clinical performance and clinical activities to ensure high standards of patient and program results. Development and implementation of clinical team meetings, quality review of clinical documentation and clinical areas of staff performance. In collaboration with the Medical Director of Integration, refines and implements approved standards and guidelines for CoCM Integration services and programs.
1. Responsible for the oversight of clinical programming/services with continuous evaluation of effectiveness, quality of service and recommendations for changes when needed.
2. Provides management of all aspects of patient access, performance productivity and profitability. Maintain statistics of the activities in the program, make recommendations for improvement.
3. Assist the VP in the preparation of program budget and adheres to it. Ensure that internal reports are produced and reviewed in a timely manner.
4. Ongoing review of clinical activities and enhancement in performance and services. Continuous quality development and improvement for CoCM Integration services through procedures, manuals, training materials, participation in trainings, best practices, using staff and the research literature as resources.
5. Ensures that clinical supervision is received by all clinical staff appropriate to individual’s level of education, expertise, and years of practice in a primary care-behavioral health integrated setting.
6. Provides individual clinical supervision to clinicians and/or interns. Continuously assesses learning needs of supervisee; develop and implement learning objectives and supervision plan; complete performance reviews as required.
8. May be required to participate at regional practice sites as a temporary clinician in order to fill unplanned absences by the BH Clinician
9. Direct the resolution of inquiries, problems, complaints, or emergencies affecting availability or quality of services; respond (in conjunction with the involved clinician) to sensitive or complex inquiries, service complaints, or grievances filed.
10. Ensure availability outside of scheduled supervisory meetings and develop/implement a system for the prompt response to clinical emergencies.
11. Responsible for monitoring and ensuring that supervisee’s paperwork is timely and written in an accurate, legible and concise manner (including proper completion of billing paperwork). Ensures supervisee’s records are in compliance with the organizations methods of Quality Assurance.
12. Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal key colleagues such as site medical directors and site managers, as well as external providers.
13. Serve as a key liaison for the program and direct the resolution of inquiries, problems, complaints or emergencies affecting availability or quality of service; respond to sensitive or complex inquiries, service complaints or grievances filed.
14. Works collaboratively with the Human Resources Department and Senior Leadership to recruit, hire and retain qualified personnel.
15. Interviews and recommends selection of new employees, provides performance appraisals and coaching, recommends salary increases, promotions/demotions/dismissal of employees with unsatisfactory work or behavior, recommends disciplinary action as necessary
16. Oversees and maintains providers continue education, professional membership, licensure and certification
17. Will rotate between regional sites to meet with local managers, BHC staff and any other staff that support the program.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.