Location: Tewksbury, MA
Job ID: 166916-1A
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2021
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Ensures the safety of the program by assuring program security, monitoring, and other supportive tasks. Provides "in-house" childcare and participates in all aspects of the second shift.
1. Plans individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others, and using play equipment.
2. Confers with parents and residential program staff regarding the physical, cognitive, and emotional status of the children under their care.
3. Provides guidance to mothers during family time, assisting them with choosing age appropriate activities to do with children.
4. Monitors the families on each floor and in common areas.
5. Observes and supervises buildings and grounds and reports anything unusual to supervisor. Ensures the safety of the program by performing all security, monitoring, and supportive tasks as assigned.
6. Completes all necessary checklists and paperwork for the second shift including documentation in the communication log each day.
7. Participates in all aspects of the second shift, including medication check-in, and setting up new medication sheets.
8. Interfaces in a professional manner with co-workers, supervisors, internal and external programs/agencies.
9. Attends daily shift meeting, weekly staff meetings, and supervision.
10. Provides transportation for families when necessary.
11. Ensures a clean, safe working environment.
12. Complies with all organization policies and procedures.
13. Other duties as assigned.
At least three years’ experience working with Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent education and training in child development, childhood education, and child psychology. At least three years’ experience working with children and families.
Certification in CPR and valid MA driver’s license in good standing are required.
Must demonstrate an ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multi-cultural setting, and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
Part Time - Per Diem
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.