Location: Danvers, MA
Job ID: 166854-1A
Date Posted: May 10, 2021
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Behavioral Health Community Partner (BHCP) Program is a new and innovative care management program designed for eligible MassHealth ACO members. The program aims to engage individuals with high behavioral health needs and provide them with a care plan that utilizes a person-centered approach to healthcare. The Care Coordinator is a critical part of the care team and is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about the mental health and/or human services field. The Care Coordinator role is a dynamic position which will give you the opportunity innovate and help shape the implementation of the BHCP program model on a national scale.
The Care Coordinator’s Responsibilities Are:
• Facilitates consents, gathers clinical information and opens discussion with assigned enrollee’s behavioral health and medical providers
• Conducts outreach to enrollees and provides information about the program to encourage engagement
• Schedules and conducts a comprehensive assessment in order to establish a care plan & form a care team for the engaged enrollee
• Facilitates communication with the engaged enrollee, the PCP, and other relevant providers, ensuring timely and coordinated access to primary, medical specialty, LTSS, and behavioral healthcare
• Assists enrollee with medication referrals and management
• Conducts ongoing follow-up to ensure continued enrollee engagement and progress, making updates to care plan as appropriate and continuously updating electronic health record documentation
• Maintains collaborative relationships with community based organizations and assists enrollee in navigating these networks
• Provides transportation assistance for enrollees’ medical appointments & within community as needed until enrollee transitions to community-based transportation
• Supports safe transitions in care for enrollees moving between settings
• High school graduate or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in psychology, social work or related human services field preferred
• 1-3 years’ experience in community-based behavioral health support program preferred
• Valid MA Driver’s License in good standing required; must be able to transport clients in personal vehicle as needed
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week, Monday-Friday day shift position.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.