Location: Danvers, MA
Job ID: 166540-1A
Date Posted: May 12, 2021
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Sign On Bonus up to $3000 (pro-rated for part time)
Purchasing Agent is responsible for management of the BILH BS purchasing process. Obtains goods and services by conferring with vendors to assure optimum quality, costs and terms. Accomplishes various purchasing and record keeping assignments that are fairly complicated in nature, which may include the review of vendor invoices. Supervises purchasing department staff.
Purchasing Agent's Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates suppliers on an ongoing basis, based on price, quality, service, support, availability, reliability and selection.
2. Manages the vendor selection process, presents management with rationale for recommended selections.
3. Manages the competitive bidding process for purchases requiring same. Coordinates with program directors and, where appropriate, facilities staff to develop specifications for bids. Researches vendors as needed, evaluates bids and recommends selected vendor to management
4. Manages workflow of contract review and approval process, coordinating with legal department, finance, and contract manager.
5. Interacts regularly with program directors on all issues relating to purchasing. Conducts ongoing training of program staff on purchasing procedures and workflows.
6. Coordinates with fixed asset staff to maintain accurate fixed asset ledger.
7. Maintain regular communication with finance and accounts payable staff relative to classification of expenditures and vendor relationships.
8. Participates in special projects, budget and audit process as needed.
40 Hours, Monday through Friday (8:30am - 5:00pm)
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.