Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will report to the Director of Human Resources for Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services (BILH BS) and will support multiple divisions and/or business units within BILH BS. This role partners with leaders at BILH BS to align HR strategy with business plans and helps leaders implement actions within their organizational areas. The HRBP manages complex employee relations issues, provides conflict resolution and counsels leaders on how to address concerns. The HRBP with partner with centralized Centers of Expertise on HR service delivery. This role has a strong focus on employee relations.
The primary purpose of the HRBP role is to provide consultative support and partnership to assigned leaders and employees to drive human capital initiatives and associated business results. This role coordinates activities and ensures successful achievement of objectives related to employee engagement, workforce management, performance management, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, communications and change management. The HRBP impacts overall business performance and employee engagement by providing strategic, creative and collaborative leadership across assigned groups. Further, this role proactively diagnoses issues and opportunities, and takes necessary action to bring timely resolution.
The successful individual in this role will:
- Lead with a system mindset that embraces transformation and change.
- Build strong, cross-functional relationships that engage leaders and teams at all levels throughout the system.
- Foster a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Have knowledge of HR policies, approaches and relevant HR laws and regulations and deep employee relations experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Investigates Employee Relations concerns for assigned business units, partners with legal to minimize legal exposure and provides recommendations and consultant to leadership. Provides counsel to managers to increase the effectiveness of management skills so that Standards of Behavior, policies, practices and employment law are properly considered in decisions and processes. Directly participates in the review of disciplinary actions.
- Partners with leaders in the planning process to ensure strategic plans drive business results, optimize performance, and align with company values. Contributes to the development and delivery of people strategies that support business strategies and objectives, and helps to drive business and organizational performance.
- Understands general business conditions that affect BILH BS and the business units, and stays current on trends within HR to present an informed point of view.
- Provides guidance, coaching and consultation regarding leading people and organizational management practices to develop staff
- Identifies solutions and provides consulting to leaders on how to effectively accelerate the development of employees
- Encourages employees and managers to embrace new philosophies, technologies and company initiatives
- Supports business units by processing HR transactions as needed
- Provides input to HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) regarding specific functional strategies, programs and practices to ensure that they meet business needs. Serves as an advocate for business leaders and employees.
- Uses organizational diagnostics (e.g., surveys, workforce analysis, HR compliance reporting, etc.) to proactively identify and react to key talent/employee engagement challenges and opportunities in the business. Partners with leaders and HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) to craft, select, implement and/or support solutions (e.g., team or individual assessments, manager assimilations, team building events, coaching, customized training, or other appropriate actions)
- Promotes adoption and effective use of company programs such as reward, recognition, talent and communication programs; as needed, leverages HR COEs for support and subject matter expertise
- Applies best diversity and inclusive practices to promote inclusive hiring and promotions.
- Leads talent assessment and development discussions leveraging program, approach and guidelines provided by HR COEs
- Leads conversations with teams on sourcing, recruiting and staffing plans, and partners with Talent Acquisition team to determine and support hiring plans
- Coaches leaders on change management strategies and resistance management techniques in accordance with the BILH BS change management methodology
- In partnership with other business leaders, create strategies to identify and overcome barriers (e.g., by facilitating meetings/conversations to identify root-cause issues of change blockers and coaching managers on appropriate tactics to mitigate or overcome issues)
- Implements plans to ensure exceptional results from change initiatives
- Identifies where inconsistent communications or messaging may appear and aligns communication plan with company strategy to ensure expected results
- Supports all aspects of HR during new facility openings, closings or relocations. In partnership with senior HR leaders, provides human capital consultation regarding team, department or other business/operational restructuring
- Actively participates in functional meetings, sharing ideas and following through on commitments.
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resources generalist experience across multiple disciplines (e.g., employee relations; workforce planning; talent acquisition; career development) while interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate and partner at all levels across the organization
- High energy with a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in employee relations, influence management, coaching, leadership and organization development, and change management.
- Obsession with service orientation; sense of urgency, follow-up and responsiveness; high-level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
SPHR or SHRM-SP
Experience as an HRBP working preferably within a system environment and with a multi-site dispersed workforce
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.