Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 165656-1A
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2021
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by preparing attractive food for our retail services and community services and providing assistance to the patient food preparation as needed. This customer service position will have an impact on patient, employee and visitor satisfaction by providing superior menu options and a friendly atmosphere as our customers procure their food, drink and a moment of relaxation.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and at least one year of food service experience. Equivalent completion towards a culinary degree may be considered in lieu of experience.
· Experience in an institution setting with attention to allergy and diet restrictions
· Experience preparing food from recipes vs. pre-prepared food
· Basic food safety (HACCP) standards
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
· Capability of managing multiple cooking stations simultaneously.
· Must be at least 18 years old
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Weekend and holiday rotation required. Schedule may vary based on department needs.
Travel requirements: N/A
· Reports to Retail Operations Supervisor
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Guest Services team, this position:
· Prepares and cooks daily menu items including the grill, deli, and salad station
· Prepares recipes from scratch
· Cleans, chops and/or assembles packaged salads and other packages items
· Assists Cooks in preparing daily menu by cutting/chopping items, retrieving supplies and other tasks required to expedite operations
· Serves customers at assigned deli, grill or other stations, presenting attractive and tasty orders, anticipating the needs of the customer and preferences of regular customers. Accommodates dietary restrictions, allergies and strives to accommodate ethnic preferences
· Communicates customer feedback to menu planners and supply orderers about preferences, suggestions, requests and volume issues
· Cleans and stocks food prep areas after each meal and as time allows
· Rings customer transactions
· Cleans dishes, pots, pans and other equipment/items
· Stocks retail food and beverage stations and other cafeteria supplies according to department standards
· Maintains and complies with department standards of sanitation, safety and security to include daily cleaning of work areas and proper usage and upkeep of equipment
· Implement service recovery procedures to rectify customer complains and other issues. Observes the cafeteria operations and lends assistance as and where needed to optimize efficiency and customer flow and improve retail satisfaction
· Maintains a clean work area and fulfill daily/monthly cleaning assignments to ensure compliance with high sanitation standards
· Conducts and documents daily HACCP checks, ensuring food preparation and storage complies with food safety standards.
· Oversees production of meals on wheels.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.