Location: Beverly, MA
Job ID: 165595-1A
Date Posted: Jan 26, 2021
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Beverly Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Beverly Hospital is a full service, community hospital providing leading-edge, patient-centered care to North Shore and Cape Ann residents. The hospital provides a full-range of state-of-the-art care and services including primary care, cardiovascular care, surgery, orthopedics, emergency care, maternity, pediatrics, as well as many other specialties. Beverly Hospital is nationally recognized for patient safety as it is one of only 42 hospitals in the United States to be awarded an “A” grade from The Leapfrog Group – the nation’s leading nonprofit watchdog on hospital quality and safety.
Beverly Hospital promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Community, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy.
About the Job
Under the direction of the department manager and under the direction of a Radiologist, Cardiologist or Vascular Surgeon, the Lead CV Radiology Technician can perform diagnostic and interventional procedures on patients as requested by a physician according to departmental/hospital policies and guidelines. Will assist in delivering patient care with the nursing staff and help maintain a safe environment in which to deliver care. He/She will rotate to the various services of the Cardiovascular Intervention Center including Interventional Radiology, Cardiac Catheterization, Electrophysiology and Endovvascular Intervention. The CV Radiology Technologist will participate in the on-call rotations of the department and be flexible in the staffing to meet the needs of the department.
In addition to the Cardiovascular Radiology Technician duties the Lead CV Rad Tech will also:
1. Assume responsibility for all equipment management in the CV suite. Oversees the maintenance, quality checks and correct use of equipment.
2. Provides an interface for the CV Suite with vendors and outside equipment managment personnel.
3. Monitors cost effective utilization of supplies and equipment.
4. Collaborates with the Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator and Administrative Director to ensure safe, effective and quality managment of equipment and inventory, including inservice coordination.
5. Coordinates the technician schedule, ensuring appropriate coverage.
6. Acts as a role model to staff members and is able to effectively manage team work concept. Remains flexible in response to changes.
7. Demonstrates initiative and timely follow through on all work assigments.
35 hours per week, day shift.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Must be a graduate of an Accredited School of Radiologic Technology. Will uphold the standards set down by the ARRT regarding diagnostic and interventional procedures and professional ethics. A minimum of 2 years experience in IR or Cath Lab. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
Current American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT), renewed annually; Current Massachusetts License; BCLS & ACLS Certification