Welcome to Lahey Health Primary Care. With over 55 primary care practices in more than 30 nearby communities , our primary care physicians and care teams provide quality close to where our patients live or work. We have a team approach to patient care and have developed long-standing, mutually respectful relationships with local specialists at our affiliate hospitals to guide and support the most effective and efficient patient care. As part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health system, we now have the opportunity to care for even more individuals across eastern Massachusetts.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the general guidance and supervision of the Sr. Vice President is responsible for the daily management of business operations of up to two practice locations. In conjunction with the Medical Leadership, responsible for implementing and maintaining quality and performance standards for all facets of the practice. Responsible for the fiscal performance of the practice including developing and operating within the annual budget guidelines. Works very closely with Medical Leadership, and reports directly to the Medical Director and Sr. Vice President.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Manages supervisors/team leaders either directly or through subordinates to supervise staff in multiple practice locations. Provide feedback, recognition and support for management team. Evaluate training needs and coordinate ongoing management staff training and education.
- Works to develop management team and support managers with staffing issues such as work schedules, performance improvement, disciplinary action and changes in staffing levels make recommendations for augmenting staffing levels or downsizing/restructuring. Assists with interpreting and enforcing personnel policies.
- Principle liason with all clinicians to ensure their satisfaction with the administrative and financial support of their practice. Interacts closely with practice Medical Directors and Sr. Vice President to address productivity or performance/behavioral issues, responds to physician complaints or concerns.
- In conjunction with the Sr. Vice President, develops programs and processes to insure quality patient care initiatives are met.
- Set performance expectations for all staff in conformance with LPCO policies and expectations.
- Conduct interviews and participate in hiring decision for management level positions and key site personnel; coordinate site orientation program for new managers and physicians..
- Conduct performance evaluations and administer merit salary increases in accordance with established salary budget.
- Oversees managers in the preparation of annual budgets and maintain control over yearly operational budgets. Forecast needs for personnel, supplies, equipment and training. Prepare and present the final Practice annual budget for multiple sites.
- Assist managers in maintaining control over yearly operational budgets. Create awareness of physician group budget process, productivity/ revenue projections, and ongoing involvement in assessment of revenues and expenses. Work closely with managers to minimize overtime expenses and maintain budget levels.
- Work closely with the Regional Managed Care office to maximize the Site financial performance. In conjunction with the Sr. Vice President, implements systems as necessary to improve performance. Attends managed care meetings as necessary to be sure that Site Managers/Supervisors, Providers and staff are aware of necessary procedures.
- Monitor the physical plant to ensure the maintenance of an appropriate environment. Identify construction, remodeling, redecorating or relocation requirements. Perform a cost assessment, vendor selection and negotiate terms/conditions of leases, construction arrangements and equipment purchases.
- Monitor staff, physician and patient satisfaction. Keep Sr. Vice President advised of problems, ongoing issues, physician complaints and relevant concerns.
- Maintain contact with local community resources to develop the practice and identify growth opportunities. Suggests marketing and advertising strategies for practices. Seeks out and follows-up on opportunities to increase awareness of new physicians and practices throughout the communities served.
- Works as part of the Lahey team for issues such as, but not limited to, IS conversions, new program development and JCAHO compliance.
- Performs other tasks and projects as requested by Physicians and LPCO Sr. Vice President.
- Reviews and analyzes performance data and provides reports to clinicians and LPCO Administration as appropriate.
- Incorporates Lahey Health Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Health Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Strong knowledge of clinical practices. Excellent personnel management skills and demonstrated ability to provide leadership. Strong approach and commitment to cost containment. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and direction. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
DAYS / FULL TIME / BILLERICA
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.