This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 165334-1A
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by performing Cardiac Ultrasound Testing procedures for physician review and interpretation. This clinical staff position will have an impact on improving patient and physician satisfaction by providing the best possible experience for our patient as well as providing quality images for physician review.
· Associates Degree in Cardiac Sonography. Five years of Cardiac Sonographer experience may be considered in lieu of the degree
· At least six months of directly related experience in an acute care setting which would include clinicals as part of their degree
Preferred: At least two years experience in an acute care setting
· Basic computer skills
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team
Preferred: Pediatric or neonatal experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
For employees hired on or after February 1, 2014:
Registry-eligible upon hire: Must become registered with the RDCS (AE) credential within two year of hire.
Transitional requirement for employees hired before February 1, 2014:
Technologists hired prior to February 1st 2014 must become registered with the RDCS (AE) credential by February 1st 2017.
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
· Adolescents, Adults, Geriatrics: based on registry eligibility
· Pediatric or Neonatal: based on registry eligibility
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Professional Commitment Requirements: Keep abreast of developments in the field and/or licensure through continuing education, participation in professional organizations or a combination of both
On-call: On-call required on a rotating basis to cover major holidays
Schedule requirements: Weekend rotation required
Travel requirements: N/A
· Reports to the Supervisor of Cardiology
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others
As part of the Cardiology team, the Cardiac Sonographer position:
· Performs inpatient and outpatient cardiac ultrasound exams according to physician orders either in the Cardiology department or remotely with equipment on patient units.
· Reviews inpatient chart prior to exam to gather pertinent symptoms and history of the patient.
· Interviews the outpatient for symptoms and cardiac history.
· Prepares patient for procedure by assisting/placing patient in proper imaging position and explaining exam.
· Acquires cardiac ultrasound images.
· Integrates images into automated system and compiles a preliminary report for Cardiologist.
· Processes patient billing and inputs data into patient billing system.
· Cleans all testing equipment after each exam.
Neonates, infants and pediatrics:
· Informs and involves the family throughout the process
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.