Welcome To Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home. Our team provides high-quality home care and hospice services by partnering with physicians, hospitals and skilled nursing facilities to provide specialized care to patients in the comfort of their own home. Our team of nurses, therapists (physical, occupational, and speech), medical social workers, and home health aides work together to devise and implement a compassionate care plan that is expressly tailored for each patient.
About the Job
The Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner provides consultation in palliative care, symptom management and supportive care to meet the needs of the patient as requested by the referring physician. Performs physical assessments and communicates with patients facing serious complex illnesses.
Full time - 40 hour day position
- Evaluate and consult relative to the patient’s needs including: pain and symptom management, goal setting and clarification of treatment options, advanced care planning and discussion regarding illness and end of life issues, in conjunction with other health professionals.
- Provide patient education to the patients and their family according to the plan of care to facilitate optimal patient and family support relative to the patient's illness.
- Work effectively with other health care professionals in environments where we may see patients as patient homes, skilled nursing facilities etc.
- Assists with diagnosis, treatment and management of acute and chronic health conditions.
- Consults with palliative care physician as needed, informs primary physician of recommended services and collaborates with other physicians as needed.
- Educates facility staff, co-workers and the community on all aspects of palliative care and the services provided by Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home hospice and palliative programs.
- Attends and participates in internal palliative care team meetings.
- Consults with the referring physician, the acute care team and other involved providers to contribute to the patient’s plan of care.
- Prepares and maintains accurate patient records, charts and documents to support reimbursement for services provided.
- Orders diagnostics / treatments as needed after collaboration with palliative care and referring physicians.
- Assists in development of clinical practice guidelines / standards in support of quality palliative care as requested by supervis
- Master's of Science in Nursing- MSN required.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- Certification by a national body (ANCC, NBCHPN, AANP).
- Palliative care ARNP preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice in Massachusetts.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years nursing experience.
- Clinical nursing care experience in oncology, hospice, geriatrics, or intensive care preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the interdisciplinary team concept.
- Reliable transportation, current state driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Demonstrates excellent observation and problem solving/critical thinking skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Essential computer skills to work with EMR.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Shows strong ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
Benefits offered for any position with over 20 scheduled standard hours:
- Voluntary Insurance choices for Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Auto and Home, and Pet Insurance available
- Lahey Outpatient Pharmacy Benefits
- Paid Time Off or (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for 20 hours or more per week after 1 year of continuous benefits employment
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.