Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 164964-1A
Date Posted: Jan 4, 2021
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Supports the mission of the department by ensuring that the right patients receive the right medication in a safe and timely manner. Develops a full understanding of the drug distribution operations in their assigned area and demonstrates competency in carrying out all duties associated with medication distribution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
· Repackages and compounds medications, as needed, in accordance with departmental procedures.
· Maintains appropriate inventory levels in area of practice, including rotating stock, checking for expired medications, informing pharmacy buyer when inventory levels are low, and checking in wholesaler order.
· Is responsible for answering telephone calls, triaging the request, and following through with appropriate action.
· Actively participates in continuous performance improvement activities of the department, including providing suggestions on how to improve day-to-day operations
· Demonstrates competency in all required areas for a Pharmacy Technician II. Has completed all required departmental competency requirements
· Technicians are responsible for their own professional development, including registration, certification and continuing education.
· Trains other technician colleagues as assigned by the technician supervisor/manager
· Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
· Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
· Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
· Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
· Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
· Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
· Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
· Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must be a registered technician with the MA Board of Pharmacy upon hiring and technician must be nationally certified by PTCB (preferred).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet the requirements of this job description.
Experience: Minimum of two previous hospital pharmacy/sterile compounding experience for Inpatient Technician. Minimum of two years retail experience for outpatient technician.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.