This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 164978-1A
Date Posted: Mar 24, 2022
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by verifying physician’s applications for privileges and conducting background checks to ensure our physicians meet the competency standards as determined by the medical department chiefs and Joint Commission standards. This administrative compliance position will have an impact on hospital safety and physician engagement and satisfaction by appointing/reappointing providers in an efficient and thorough manner.
Required: (One of the following)
· Associates degree in healthcare or business with least (1) one year experience working in a medical staff office or directly relevant area involving enrollment physician credentialing in another setting
· Three (3) years of highly relevant experience with at least (1) one of those years working in a medical staff office or highly relevant area involving provider enrollment/ credentialing in another setting.
· Bachelors degree in a highly relevant field with some experience working with physicians or credentialing.
Preferred: Credentialing experience
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
· General understanding and knowledge of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Systems (CMS), the Joint Commission (TJC), National Association for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and the Massachusetts State Regulations as they pertain to credentialing of Medical Staff members and Allied Health professionals.
· Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
· Proven ability in word processing and Excel
· Excellent database and Internet navigating skills.
· Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent organization and planning skills
· Polished communication and customer service skills, in writing, in person and over the phone.
Preferred: Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS)
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Professional Commitment Requirements: Keep abreast of developments in the field and/or licensure through continuing education, participation in professional organizations or a combination of both.
On-call Requirement: None
Schedule Requirements: General business hours, schedule may vary based on business needs.
Travel Requirements: None
· Reports to the Manager of Medical Staff Services
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Medical Staff Office team, this position:
Coordinates the credentialing process for the Medical and Allied Healthcare Professional staff by applying the Joint Commission and Board of Registration in Medicine requirements to the process.
· Reviews appointment/reappointment applications for completeness, verifies accuracy of required information. Differentiates between credentialing requirements for various practitioners.
· Contacts practitioner to inquire about missing information and/or discrepancies and keep abreast of status.
· Inputs information into credentialing software.
· Maintains accurate and up-to-date practitioner files.
· Generates required verification letters to ensure verification process proceeds within established time limits.
· Attends Credentials Committee meeting and takes minutes when needed.
· Provides cross coverage for other Credentialing Coordinators.
Develops and/or participates in Physician Orientation Program.
· With limited direction from the Manager of Medical Staff Services, orchestrates the Physician Orientation program, ensuring all mandatory topics are covered.
· Arranges for speakers, conference room, equipment, handouts, refreshments etc. Collaborates with various hospital departments to ensure the event runs seamlessly for the participants
· Follows up with physicians who have not attended a program.
Other Medical Staff Duties
· Assists in coordination of physician events as needed.
· Receives and screens visitors/telephone calls and responds to general inquires by relating or referring to established policies and procedures.
· Assists with special projects or other responsibilities as requested.
Full time, 40 hours
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.