Location: Gloucester, MA
Job ID: 164402-1A
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
We are seeking a Clinical Manager for our Gloucester Outpatient Program! The Clinical Manager provides supervision to clinicians, case managers, and interns (when applicable). This individual is also responsible for ensuring the use of evidence based practices by the programs clinical staff. Additionally, this person is also responsible for providing direct clinical services to adults, children, and families with identified mental health and or substance use needs.
The Clinical Manager's Responsibilities:
1. Provides supervision and crisis consultation to clinicians, case managers, and student interns who are providing direct services to individuals, families, and groups. Provide training to ensure use of evidence based practices by clinical staff.
2. Monitors clinician’s caseloads and monthly productivity. Assigns new clients as appropriate. Determine workloads and schedules, evaluate staff performance, provide training and make hiring, promotion, and disciplinary recommendations.
3. Maintains current knowledge of Medication for Addiction Treatment for opioid use disorders and alcohol use disorder. Maintain current knowledge of co-occurring disorders.
4. Audits clinical documentation to ensure adequate and timely documentation that is in conformance with state and federal regulations and CARF Standards. Develops and implements systems to ensure adherence to quality assurance policies and procedures.
5. Ability to build and maintain effective communication and collaboration among team members.
6. Carries a small caseload including interviewing clients, completing intake paperwork, and formulating comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments and treatment plans. Meets with assigned clients regularly to assist with achieving treatment goals. Completes all documentation in a timely manner.
7. Meets monthly productivity expectation.
8. Chairs weekly clinical group supervision, attends and participates in a weekly managers meeting, multidisciplinary treatment team meeting, monthly all staff meetings and client treatment review meetings. Discusses and develops strategies to maximize client’s continuation, compliance, and engagement in treatment.
9. In collaboration with the programs Leadership Team, reviews data provided by the Bureau of Substance Addiction Services, the clinical program design, and group treatment curriculum and implements recommendations and modifies clinical programming to enhance the quality of client care.
10. Participate in external meetings as needed. Outreach to community providers to develop and foster solid working relationships and awareness of services.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.