Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Under the managerial oversight of the Professional/Hospital Billing Manager, Professional/Hospital A/R Manager or Professional/Hospital Cash Manager, and where responsibilities are performed independently within established department policies and procedures, this position is responsible for managing the activities of the Level I, II and III PFS Medical Billing Representatives. Assists in planning, coordinating, and supervising the operations and functions relating to Lahey Health Professional and Hospital Billing activities and all training and education activities as they pertain to system-wide quality, improvements, and revenue cycle/systems workflow initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Under the managerial oversight of the department manager, plans, sets goals and objectives, determines priorities, monitors results and oversees the overall AR and staffing responsibilities of the department.
- Assists in the review and updates of policies and procedures. Monitors staff adherence to set policies and procedures and assists in the monitoring of accounts to ensure and that government, commercial and private insurers as well as patients are billed accurately and in accordance with government rules and guidelines.
- Assists in the oversight of training and education efforts of the department
- Provides input in regard to selecting, hiring, and training of staff.
- Oversees day to day internal staff auditing and production
- Mentors PB, HB Billing, A/R staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Lahey clinical departments and administrative leadership.
- Assists the manager in developing new workflows and department strategies for new technology, changing payer and regulatory environments.
- Responsible for managing the following aspects related to human resources:
- provides colleague skill and knowledge training, orientation and education, including
- re-training as necessary
- interviewing and recommending final candidates for hire, promotion
- within departmental guidelines, assists in the determination colleague work
- schedules and the reporting of work hours
- assists in the evaluation of colleague work performance and recommendations or merit or other increases/decreases in compensatio
- Under the managerial oversight of the Department Manager, this position is responsible to assist with staff goal setting, planning, and monitoring performance results, reporting of key performance indicators, problem solving, ensuring employee competency, productivity and quality of work division wide.
- Works with the department manager to coordinate the management of quality levels, timeliness in the performance of transactions, the resolution of edits and control of backlogs.
- Continually strives for process improvement and efficiency.
- Ensures that the division meets Lahey customer service standards.
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
- 3+ years in Healthcare Environment preferably in a professional or hospital Billing environment
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- The knowledge and abilitities required to perform this function would typically be acquired through training and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor degree
- Three (3) years of experience in Professional/hospital billing or related revenue cycle field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the components associated with billing for a large multi-specialty academic group practice.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills along with the ability to maintain productive and professional relationships.
- Excellent problem identification and solving skills.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.