Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 164416-1A
Date Posted: Jul 13, 2021
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
BayRidge Hospital, A member of Beth Israel Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for the clinical development and management of patient groups in department assigned. Collaborates with Medical Director and other allied disciplines and departments to ensure that a safe and therapeutic environment is maintained for all patients. Is expected to work effectively and collaboratively with the multidisciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of quality care. In collaboration with the Director of Social Work, plans appropriate group programs to meet the ongoing needs of the patients.
1. Support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Attend all appropriate administrative meetings that support the mission of the hospital.
3. Support and implement administrative decisions.
4. Utilize supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
5. Maintain a clear understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
6. Participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
7. Consistently prepare and plan groups according to patient needs. Make appropriate programmatic changes in response to patient population and system-wide needs.
8. Demonstrate strong group leadership skills, shows awareness of both content and process, focusing on either or both when appropriate.
9. Consistently complete all paperwork in an organized and timely fashion.
10. Consistently monitor patients and communicate to treatment team patient’s level of participation and ability to utilize groups.
11. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
40 hours per week, evening shift.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area with previous clinical experience or demonstrated clinical skills.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1. Leading a group
2. Ability to evaluate patient needs
3. Development of group treatment programs
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Work cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace as part of maintaining currency in profession.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).