This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 164582-1A
Date Posted: May 12, 2021
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Process Manager, performs screening and diagnostic Breast Imaging studies using ionizing radiation for use in the detection and treatment of breast tumors. Monitors and maintains essential patient care and safety including practicing ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable). Flexibility to work overtime/cover at other sites as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Performs screening and diagnostic Breast Imaging studies using ionizing radiation for use in the diagnosis and treatment of breast tumors.
2. Obtains and documents necessary patient information or history from accessing IDXrad Mammography Module achieving 100% accuracy.
3. Performs all Breast Imaging exams ensure that all exams achieve a quality repeat rate equaling less of than 5% of all completed exams.
4. Begins and completes exams using the (Radiology Information System) RIS with 100% accuracy, 100% of the time.
5. Labels all images with correct patient information and technologist’s initials with 100% accuracy 100% of the time.
6. Reviews exams for quality control (QC) using the Digital system; recognizes artifacts, motion and correct positioning.
7. Responsible for participating with the Process Manager in the QC process for department, utilizing ACR standards.
8. Applies the lowest dose of ionizing radiation that is reasonably achievable, known as ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable), required to produce clear images.
9. Readily and willingly contributes to team approach to provide optimal quality care for patients.
10. Readily works off-sites as needed.
11. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
12. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
13. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
14. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
15. Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
16. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer service standards.
17. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
18. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
19. Performs other duties in support of the organization as required or directed.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
3. Orienting new staff
Education: Two year AMA accredited School of Radiologic Technology
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Registered by the ARRT or registry eligible. Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Department of Public Health: Radiation Control Program in the specialties in which the technologist practices. Maintains licensure on a biannual basis, maintains CEUS specific to the specialty in which the technologist practices. Certified in basic life support (BLS).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Candidate must be proficient in the use Radiologic equipment including Digital and stereotactic equipment or in the absence of this skill must have the ability to be trained to a level of competency. Minimal computer skills required.
In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Up to 6 months experience with Clinical internship program in a hospital setting is required.
Key Words: ARRT, Radiologic Technology, BLS, Basic Life Support, ALARA, Mammography, Breast Imaging, RIS, Radiology Information System, Burlington, MA
40 Hour / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.