Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Triage Clinician Weekend Supervisor for our Emergency Service Call Center!
The Wekend Supervisor is a Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor who is responsible for coordinating operational activities and optimal functioning of the Emergency Services Division Call Center including monitoring of the program’s protocols.
The Weekend Supervisor oversees call center staff that telephonically respond to clients, families, providers, and stakeholders who are requesting ESP services or information. This position also provides training, guidance and oversight to staff on assigned shift. Additionally, the Weekend Supervisor monitors that staff are following approved protocols and procedures and ensures they are responding to callers appropriately and linking them with support, services, information(when applicable), and referrals to community resources.
The Call Center Supervisor's Responsibilities are:
- Under the supervision of the Call Center Director, the Call Center Evening Manager monitors call center program guidelines and policies with the purpose of ensuring compliance with all government regulations, as well as maintaining alignment with the organization's mission.
- Works with the Call Center Director to evaluate program outcomes and to ensure culturally appropriate continuum of services for clients.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the call center, making adjustments as needed. Monitors quality initiatives (Response Time, ED Diversion), including staff recruiting and training, monitoring/reporting of significant clinical events.
- Works with other health providers and Emergency Services components to ensure seamless delivery of services for high need clients.
- Collaborates regularly and provides timely and efficient communication with Call Center Director and ESP team leadership on call center issues, challenges, and needs with the goal of supporting effective triaging of services and optimal flow of information.
- Oversees 4 program staff on weekend shift. Provides necessary ongoing training and technical support to ensure work is being completed in a safe, professional and productive manner.
- Conforms to organizational standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, to ensure that exceptional customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes organization’s behavioral health standards as the basis for decision making and to support the organization’s mission and goals.
- Provide oversight during scheduled weekend hours for call center team staff in managing referrals/case assignments. Support call center team in key decision-making situations for optimal service delivery, model best practice, and positive impact on triage workflow for ESP division teams.
- Consult as needed with Division AOC to problem solve regarding significant real-time operational or system issues. Otherwise, signs off at end of shift with AOC regarding any issues that may continue past the Weekend Coordinator’s shift.
- Ensure availability outside of schedule for ES department meetings and promptly respond to clinical emergencies. Provide information and be conduit for ES division management team in matters/situations related to weekend service hours.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring that staff’s time management and workflow requirements are completed as directed (including documentation, communication, bed searches and insurance certifications). Ensures call center staff documentation are in compliance with the organizations methods of Quality Assurance.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal, external providers, stakeholders, as well as other regulatory bodies.
- In collaboration with the Call Center Director, conduct ongoing review of the clinical program design, suggest and if applicable implement recommendations for improvement
- Master’s degree in human services field
- Licensure preferrrd but not required.
- Two years of ESP, triage, or call center experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial behavioral healthcare practices, evidenced based treatments, managed care principles, provider development and quality improvement concepts is essential. Familiarity with state and local agencies serving the community helpful.
- Part Time, 24 hours per week, Saturday and Sunday (8am -8pm)
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.