Welcome to Beverly Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Beverly Hospital is a full service, community hospital providing leading-edge, patient-centered care to North Shore and Cape Ann residents. The hospital provides a full-range of state-of-the-art care and services including primary care, cardiovascular care, surgery, orthopedics, emergency care, maternity, pediatrics, as well as many other specialties. Beverly Hospital is nationally recognized for patient safety as it is one of only 42 hospitals in the United States to be awarded an “A” grade from The Leapfrog Group – the nation’s leading nonprofit watchdog on hospital quality and safety.
Beverly Hospital promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Community, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the MRI Scheduling Supervisor/Patient Services Facilitator, the MRI Patient Registration Coordinator will assist with the delivery of patient care at Lahey Outpatient Center Danvers, but also at times, in the role of tech aide positioning patients and assisting the technologist as required.
- Greets patients in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Answers/directs calls and pages when required.
- Registers patients accurately through the computer to ensure a proper check in process, verifying the patients identification, scanning the health insurance card in EPIC, have the patient sign a consent for treatment/billing, scan documents into EPIC, wristband patient, and verifies and updates all registration, guarantor and insurance fields to ensure eligibility, benefits, copay and preauthorization are all in place..
- Collects co-payments and ensures all patients without insurance pay at time of scan. Reconciles collections in EPIC, closes cash draw and delivers payments to the appropriate party before end of shift.
- Performs MRI safety screening with patient for metal implants and other contraindications.
- Makes necessary arrangements for outpatient ride assistance.
- Arranges ambulance service for inpatients to our satellite locations when applicable and transport services for in-house patients.
- Mails transcribed reports to the patient and/or an additional physician as per patient request at the time of his/her scan.
- Transcribes, scans and files all outpatient orders into Epic.
- Reviews orders for accuracy in accordance with MRI Protocol Manual.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Copies and prepares MRI safety screening form packets.
- Contacts patients regarding arrangements for cd pickup which are required for radiologist comparison. Processes patient and referring provider requests for MRI results report and CD of images.
- MRI scheduling/rescheduling of patient appointments.
- Performs phone MRI safety pre-screening with patient including follow up on: GFR lab results; orbital x-rays and ensures all metal implants and contraindications research has been completed for the day’s patients. Documents all important patient correspondence i.e. operative notes, insurance updates and implants which are essential for MRI safety and patient satisfaction.
- Inpatient scheduling as needed.
- When call queues are busy, backs up MRI Schedulers on ACD (Automated Call Distribution) system as needed.
- Emails Radiologist daily coverage schedule to all MRI Department staff.
- Monitors front office inventory levels and purchases office supplies as necessary.
- Provides courteous interaction between the MRI Department and referring hospitals/physicians’ offices.
- Works with MRI Scheduling Supervisor/Patient Services Facilitator and Chief Technologist in implementing policies regarding patient care.
- Completes special projects as requested by management.
- Reads and responds to all e-mails appropriately and promptly.
- Maintains clean waiting rooms and coffee station.
- Completes all annual safety training for MRI and Hospital mandatory Healthstream learning modules.
- Performs technologist aide functions as needed i.e. screens patient, changes patient, assist with lifting/positioning of the patient in preparation for the MRI, obtains CD at end of exam for patient and cleans MRI scanner room.
- Interviews patients, obtains pertinent clinical history before MRI examination and fully informs patient about the exam.
- Assists getting the patient changed for their exam.
- Assists getting the patient in and out of the scan room.
- Assists Technologist with positioning of patients.
- Conducts proper discharge of patient. Confirms with the technologist that the patient leaves with the correct CD if applicable.
- Ensures the stocking of scan rooms and linen closets.
- Assists claustrophobic, elderly, pediatric and inpatients.
Per diem, hours assigned as needed.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
High school graduate required. Advance education is preferred.
Knowledge of PC computer systems, ability to learn basic scheduling software and work with word processing applications.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
3-4 years’ experience in a fast-paced health care medical facility setting.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Typing speed 50 WPM, third party payor knowledge and insurance background required.
Must have exceptional communication and organizational skills to interact with providers, technologists, patients and radiologists.
Must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
Must be self-motivated and have ability to work in healthcare setting
Must be able to perform research and well as troubleshoot.
Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Must maintain a professional manner and appearance.