Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Sign on bonus up to $3000 (pro-rated for part time) and new, competitive compensation rates
We are seeking a Triage Clinician Evening Manager for our Emergency Services Call Center! The Triage Evening Manager is a licensed Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor who is responsible for coordinating operational activities and optimal functioning of the Emergency Services Division Call Center, including oversight and monitoring of the program’s protocols.
Additionally, this position provides supervision, training, guidance and oversight to Triage Clinicians & Triage Mental Health Counselors. Ensures that staff are following approved protocols and procedures and ensures they are responding to callers appropriately and linking them with support, services, information (when applicable), and referrals to community resources.
- Under the supervision of the Call Center Director, the Call Center Evening Manager monitors call center program guidelines and policies with the purpose of ensuring compliance with all government regulations, as well as maintaining alignment with the organization's mission.
- Works with the Call Center Director to evaluate program outcomes and to ensure culturally appropriate continuum of services for clients.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the call center, making adjustments as needed. Monitors quality initiatives (Response Time, ED Diversion), including staff recruiting and training, monitoring/reporting of significant clinical events.
- Works with other health providers and Emergency Services components to ensure seamless delivery of services for high need clients.
- Collaborates regularly and provides timely and efficient communication with Call Center Director and ESP team leadership on call center issues, challenges, and needs with the goal of supporting effective triaging of services and optimal flow of information.
- Oversees 4 program staff regularly on second shift. Provides necessary ongoing training and technical support to ensure work is being completed in a safe, professional and productive manner.
- With the Call Center Director, assists in the supervision and reviews the performance management of staff as well as the overall functioning of the Call Center.
- Conforms to organizational standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, to ensure that exceptional customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes organization’s behavioral health standards as the basis for decision making and to support the organization’s mission and goals
- Provide oversight and supervision during scheduled evening hours for call center team staff in managing referrals/case assignments. Support call center team in key decision-making situations for optimal service delivery, model best practice, and positive impact on triage workflow for ESP division teams.
- Consult as needed with Division AOC to problem solve regarding significant real-time operational or system issues. Otherwise, signs off at end of shift with AOC regarding any issues that may continue past the Evening Manager’s shift.
- Ensure availability outside of schedule for supervisory sessions and ES department meetings and promptly respond to clinical emergencies. Provide information and be conduit for ES division management team in matters/situations related to evening/night service hours.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring that supervisee’s and other identified staff’s time management and workflow requirements are completed as directed (including documentation, communication, bed searches and insurance certifications). Ensures call center staff documentation are in compliance with the organizations methods of Quality Assurance.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal, external providers, stakeholders, as well as other regulatory bodies.
- In collaboration with the Call Center Director, conduct ongoing review of the clinical program design, suggest and if applicable implement recommendations for improvement.
- Master’s degree in human services field, four years post-masters experience.
- Licensed at the Independent level required, LICSW, LMHC, or Licensed Psychologist in the Commonwealth of MA.
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial behavioral healthcare practices, evidenced based treatments, managed care principles, provider development and quality improvement concepts is essential. Familiarity with state and local agencies serving the community helpful.
- Full time, 40 hours per week, evening hours. (Flexibility shift 2-10pm, 3-11pm, or 4-12)
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.