Location: Beverly, MA
Job ID: 164462-1A
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2021
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Case Manager provides short term school based and in-home case management and therapeutic services to youth and families with current or historic substance use and/or mental health needs using an evidence-based model called A-CRA, a skills-based treatment that addresses behavioral health needs, family dynamics and community engagement.
The Case Manager helps youth served maintain abstinence from substances, increase connections to community resources and improve the quality of his or her support network. Will complete all necessary outcome tools and collect data as needed to ensure fidelity to the model and increase the probability of positive outcomes for the youth and their families.
The Case Manager's Responsibilities are:
1. School Counseling: Under supervision of the Senior Case Manager, provides direct therapeutic individual and/or group support to students; coordinates closely with school support staff, faculty, and administration to deliver services; collaborates with parents/caregivers as needed; assesses academic and family needs; provides referrals to support services in school and to community providers as needed; provides triage support as needed.
2. Prevention Education: facilitates prevention education activities via classroom presentations, assemblies, family nights, campaigns, etc. that address youth substance abuse, suicide prevention and other topics related to mental health.
3. Administration: attendance at minimum weekly 1:1 supervision and other supervision/meetings as requested; checks agency email daily and available by telephone from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the business week; keeps essential program tracking logs up to date; submits required paperwork as scheduled and requested; regularly submits and tracks outcomes measurements; conducts satisfaction surveys as needed.
4. Public Representation: serves as a representative for the division, program, and stakeholders through the following venues as assigned; community and school health fairs, focus groups, coalitions, and other special initiatives to increase advocacy for attention to youth substance abuse and/or promote the program and stakeholders.
5. Provide In-Home Therapy to families in outreach settings including the family's home or another community location, utilized the ACRA model of treatment for substance use. Maintains fidelity to the model to ensure best practice and maximize positive outcomes for the youth and family.
6. Support families in identifying clear treatment goals and work in collaboration with assigned senior case manager to carry out interventions.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.