Location: Woburn, MA
Job ID: 164361-1A
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Cat Scan supervisor, performs Computerized Tomography procedures in accordance with established department protocols. Assists Radiologists during special procedures as needed.
1. Exemplifies Winchester Hospital’s values and Service Excellence standards. Commits to making every encounter with our patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers the best that it can be.
2. Complies with all Winchester Hospital policies and the Code of Business Conduct. Maintains current license, life support certification, and tuberculosis testing. Takes responsibility for own safety as well as the safety of patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers.
3. Obtains relevant information about the patient and assesses patient needs prior to beginning exam. Checks that the clinical indication for performing the exam is appropriate to the exam requested. Consults radiologist or referring physician when necessary to obtain information prior to beginning exam.
4. Performs all procedures and views in accordance with established department protocols and applies immobilization devices as required. Adjusts technical factors to minimize radiation exposure to patient. Develops and reviews exposed radiograph for proper positioning, technique and identification.
5. Follows established procedures for PACS including an understanding of all hardware and software components including QA of images.
6. Assists physician with special procedures such as abscess draining and biopsies.
7. Performs and/or assists with Computerized Tomography procedures.
8. Assists radiologist with procedures as needed. Works with special procedures nurse to
monitor patient condition during the procedure.
9. Performs his/her duties in accordance with Radiology’s Performance Improvement Program.
10. Ensures patient’s rights to privacy and confidentiality of results. Properly informs patients of the risks and benefits of the procedure and answers any questions or concerns they have. Performs duties in a manner that maximizes patient safety by strictly following departmental infection control procedures.
11. Participates in the following:
a.Mandatory training requirements as per hospital policy
b.Continuing education/inservices to enhance knowledge
c. Staff meetings
d.Performance improvement initiatives
e.Orientation of new staff, students and/or volunteers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Graduate of a two-year program in Radiologic Technology and appropriate training to obtain licensure required.
2. Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
3. Knowledge of safety, infection control, and quality control standards required.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
*ARRT registered in Radiology
*Massachusetts State Radiology license
*Must obtain ARRT in CT within 24 months of hire
*Those hired prior to January 1, 2007 must have actively pursued ARRT in CT by 12/31/08 and have achieved ARRT certification by 4/30/09.
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Basic Life Support, IV Certification
AGE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Neonates, Infants, Children, Adolescents, Adults, Geriatrics
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to lift, push, pull and carry light and heavy objects, such as lead aprons and radiologic equipment, throughout the work shift.
2. Ability to lift, move and position patients.
3. Ability to reach and grasp objects.
4. Must possess manual dexterity.
5. Ability to enter words and data into computer or similar device.
6. Ability to see, hear and communicate orally.
7. Ability to proofread documents and check for accuracy.
OSHA EXPOSURE: Job does involve possible exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues. Job requires working in area where there is exposure to radiation. Job requires working in area where film processing chemicals, developer, and fixer are being used.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Reports to (at Hospital) CT Supervisor, (at Baldwin Park II) Site Supervisor
2. Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
Part time, 15 hours
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.