Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
About the Job
The Director of Business Development Labs is responsible for all aspects of business development and client service activities for Beth Israel Lahey Health's (BILH) Laboratory enterprise testing programs. The candidate will be responsible for planning and growing BILH's community COVID-19 testing program, including establishing a Client Services platform to support the overarching initiative.
- Develop and implement business strategies to grow BILH laboratory testing programs ensuring alignment with BILH system growth strategy. Represents entirety of BILH Laboratories to potential clients and the community.
- Develops strong working relationship with leadership at each laboratory site to promote coordinated, efficient and effective One BILH Laboratory. Develop and execute go-to-market strategies for specific strategic initiatives identified by BILH within timelines and in alignment with business plan.
- Build and maintain business pipeline of potential clients. Develop forecasts for growth. Manages Laboratory Business Development Team.
- Develop and negotiate contracts with third party entities. Establish and maintain client relationships ensuring BILH meets and exceeds needs and expectations.
- Serve as a liaison between BILH Laboratories and third parties contracting for laboratory services. Develop and monitor performance metrics to promote successful business outcomes. Ensure contracts are meeting projected targets.
- Serve as main point of contact both internally and externally for issues related to laboratory testing business. Ensure client inquiries are appropriately triaged and responded to in an efficient manner. Ensures seamless, efficient onboarding of new clients. Responsible for program orientation and vendor software training for client stakeholders.
- Conduct periodic marketing analysis to monitor and adjust market strategies. Develop and maintain departmental operations protocols, policies, and procedures. Establish and maintain vendor relationships. Ensure interfaces between electronic systems are working effectively.
- Represent BILH Laboratory at network-related events. Ensure leadership is kept current on priorities and activities. Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Assist in planning and managing division testing program budget. Develop pricing strategies with BILH Finance. Manage revenue and volumes against targets.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: None
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Build relationships with influencers, and industry key stakeholders. Build program awareness, working closely with marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or related field required. required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required in Healthcare-related business development, client service or related field. and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Client implementation and training experience.
- The ability to travel to offsite locations to meet with clients as needed.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.