Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
About the Job
The Vice President of HR Technology & Analytics reports directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer for BILH and is a member of the Human Resources Leadership Team (HRLT). The Vice President of HR Technology & Analytics leads the strategy, planning and development of a road map which includes aligning our HR technology and analytics with company strategy, setting up the enterprise wide end to end processes and ensuring seamless integration across multiple systems and platforms, interpreting statistically driven insights to the individual, team, and leader. The VP will lead, coach and develop the HRIS and People Analytics teams to improve capabilities and drive solutions that deliver an exceptional employee experience, support internal projects and initiatives, and providing on-demand data and analytics to drive decisions impacting our business, current workforce and future workforce.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the BILH Workday Human Resources work steam, participates in PMO meetings, provides technical support as needed, participates in workshops, supports the Deloitte and Workday teams. Lead the transformation of overall HR Technology & Analytics with a focus on quality, innovation, customer service, automation and improving operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead the strategy, planning and development of the HR systems road map which will include aligning the Workday system with company strategy, setting up the global end to end processes and ensuring seamless integration across multiple systems and platforms.
- Drive initiatives to optimize HRIS platform (Workday) to eliminate manual work, drive efficiency and ensure compliance.
- Design and create global processes, as well as, communicate and implement across the business in a way that drives value and adoption.
- Responsible for building and leading a team of high-performing technology and analytics professionals charged with the overall delivery and management of HR systems, applications and analytics.
- Develops vision and strategy of HR technology, applications and analytics, in partnership with Human Resources leaders, HR Centers of Excellence (COE), Information Technology, and Shared Services to develop sustainable and efficient solutions to meet the strategic goals of HR and BILH.
- Creates a people data roadmap that improves foundation for data to ensure future usefulness of analytics balancing accuracy, data entry burden and data value.
- Identify current and emerging trends in staff data (retention, turnover, career paths, etc.) and be able to distill the key story and actions for leaders
- Leads the development of innovative solutions for complex data modeling and the use of large-scale data platforms.
- Responsible for the delivery of HR systems and analytics projects (on-time, on-budget, with high quality).
- Partners with Information Technology and other stakeholders to set direction for integration management, end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance, escalation management, and security strategy and maintenance across the people technology landscape.
- Stays informed on current and future technology, application and data needs, and requirements to ensure compliance and innovation.
- Plans for and ensures appropriate change management and training needs are developed and delivered across the business to support user adoption.
- Designs and create systems, processes and analytics, as well as, communicates and implements across the business in a way that drives value and adoption.
- Provides thought leadership on HR technology solutions and strategies for new programs, projects and enhancements to existing solutions.
- Partner with the various teams across the organization (HR, Benefits, Compensation, Talent, IT, Finance, Legal, etc.) to support business applications by advising on best practices, recommending process improvements and implementing system enhancements that advance the goals of the business. Develops strong collaborative working relationships and credibility with key members of the various leadership teams, HR staff and other key stakeholders.
- Partners with key stakeholders in HR and the business to analyze business needs, forming hypotheses and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations, turning data analysis into insights-driven initiatives. Ensures harmonized project implementation and process improvements across BILH locations.
- Leads and inspires the HR Technology and Analytics team members and gives functional direction according to the BILH People Strategy and concepts, ensuring a harmonized approach to all relevant HR processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, HRIS, Analytics or related field.
- 15 years of progressive experience across HR systems and analytics in a highly matrixed environment.
- 5 years of experience in leading and developing technology or analytics staff team in shared partnership/matrixed environment.
- Strong technical background and recent experience in human capital management systems, change management, complex transformations and continuous process improvement.
- Have scaled systems in a fast-paced and changing environment, and possess excellent project and time management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines. Ability to plan, establish and manage a budget.
- Must have experience with selection, implementation and management of HR technologies, vendor management, HR data management, complex project management, change management and people management.
- Prior experience implementing, managing and integrating people systems (such as Taleo, KRONOS) and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of data privacy laws.
- Experience in leading large-scale projects with heavy change management requirements.
- Experience in a fast-paced growth oriented business.
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- An acute sense of business acumen.
- Strong presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply knowledge to diagnose and develop appropriate solutions to complex cross-organization issues.
- Ability to scale an organization while thriving in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- Proven success in interacting and influencing senior/executive leadership.
- Ability to think systemically and consult strategically will all levels of management.
- Smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency and is energized by speed.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to know when to shift the approach and when to stay the course in the face of changing demands; setting examples of adaptability.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business, Human Resources (HR), HRIS, Analytics or related field
- Workday experience and implementation experience
- Experience in managing complex mid- to large-size projects within HR
- Certification in a six sigma/agile/lean or similar performance enhancing framework.
- Certification in Project Management
- Certification in change management certification (PROSCI or Certified Change Management Professional- CCMP)
- Understanding and/or fluency in languages useful for statistics and/or data processing, business intelligence, data modeling, mining and profiling is a plus
- Ability to align organizational and functional department initiatives in concert with leadership development to create and implement a vision of culture change in a systemic way
- Obsession with service orientation; sense of urgency and follow-up and responsiveness; high-level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities between client work and program development in a fast-paced environment
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.