Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 164008-1A
Date Posted: May 11, 2021
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Assistant Director Plant Operations, with work direction through the Lead
Electrician, repairs, maintains, tests, and installs all electrical systems throughout the medical center and other ancillary buildings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Repairs and maintains hospital electrical systems, distribution panels, emergency power distribution, panels and system per
2. Repairs and maintains electric hydraulic patient beds, motors, pumps, controls and alarms per manufacturer's specifications.
3. Installation of new power and lighting systems throughout facility per Lahey standards.
4. Installs and repairs lighting and power systems in operating rooms per manufacturer's specifications.
5. Inspects and tests all existing and new electrical systems on a routine basis.
6. Provides preventive maintenance on all systems as required including signals, fire alarms, communication systems, lighting,
normal and emergency systems per written task (GRAND-PM).
7. Assists all other trades in troubleshooting electrical problems.
8. Provides 24 hour on-call coverage as required.
9. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
10. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
11. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
12. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
13. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
14. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer
15. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
16. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Vocational/Trade School courses, 4-year electrical
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current Massachusetts State Electrical License
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Able to read and understand blueprints and electrical schematics. Proficiency in all skills required
for State Licensure. I
Experience: 3-5 years working
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.