This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 163945-1A
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2021
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Supports the mission of the department by ensuing that the right patients receive the right
medication in a safe and timely manner. Clinically reviews medication orders received from prescribers
to ensure that the medication, as ordered, is safe to administer to the patient. If not, intervenes with the prescriber on
behalf of the patient. Appropriately enters order into the Pharmacy Information System. Supervises pharmacy technician,
and interns to ensure that the daily needs of our patients are being met. Provides drug information to medical staff and
patients upon request or when need is apparent.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: including but not limited to:
1) Supervises pharmacy technician and interns to ensure that the daily needs of our patients are being met. Educate
technician and interns as to safe medication practices.
2) Provides drug information to medical staff and patients upon request or when need is apparent. Documents request
into the intervention database in accordance with departmental policy
3) Responsible for day-to-day management of drug distribution, including all controlled substances, IV medications,
extemporaneously compounded medications, repackaged medications and investigational drugs.
4) Responsible for understanding and utilizing all technology to accomplish the above.
5) Serves as a liaison between pharmacy department and any health care provider
6) Pharmacists are responsible for their own professional development including, meeting all requirements for
continuing and education, keeping abreast of current professional literature, both from a clinical and medication
7) Actively participates in continuous performance improvement activities of the department, including providing
suggestions on how to improve day-to-day operations
8) Performs assigned projects in a efficient and timely manner
9) Demonstrates competency in all practice areas in which pharmacist duties are performed. Has completed all
required departmental competency requirements.
10) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities
11) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies
12) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic
Z02H09,Sr. Inpatient Pharmacist Page - 2 –
Edition date: July 2018
14) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
15) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
16) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to
Customer Service standards.
17) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
18) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
19) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy with a current MA registration in Pharmacy
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must posses a valid MA pharmacist license
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet the the requirements of this job
Experience: One year hospital pharmacy experience is required. Requires a working knowledge of all basic aspect of health system pharmacy (including drug therapeutics and sterile compounding).
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.