Welcome to Lahey Health Continuing Care, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Our team provides ongoing care to individuals through our assisted living and skilled nursing facilities. Our teams of nurses, aides, food service, and environmental service employees work to create an environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of our residents and patients, along with their families.
About the Job
Position Summary: Ensures maintenance department operates according to The Herrick House policies and procedures and that all resident and staff needs are met. Performs maintenance and repair of residence, maintaining physical appearance of the grounds and building as well as ensuring that the building is physically sound and safe. Assist working with outside contractors as needed. Must be available 24/7 via pager/cellular phone for plant issues and emergencies every other month as scheduled.
Maintenance Responsibilities - Building
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment as scheduled and maintains proper documentation.
- Completes preventative maintenance inspection slips correctly.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Director of Facilities Management, ensures that all vendors perform the required preventative maintenance on identified contracted equipment and that proper documentation is maintained.
- Corrects all preventative maintenance findings/issues in a timely manner.
- Perform all monthly inventories and maintain par levels of all supplies in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Facilities Management.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Director of Facilities Management, ensures that The Herrick House operates in compliance with, EOEA and OSHA regulations.
- Performs apartment renovations after resident moves out as requested (i.e. painting, plumbing, kitchenette and bathroom replacement) and in a timely manner.
- Performs internal moves as instructed.
- Completes resident request for service within 24 hours.
- Perform safety/fire inspection on all new residents after one week of move in and provide documentation.
- Performs daily assignments in a timely manner.
- Completes assigned projects within specified timeframes.
- Utilizes equipment according to manufacturer safety guidelines.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Facilities Management in performing fire drills.
- In the absence of the Assistant Director of Facilities Management, responds to emergency maintenance calls
- Stores seasonal decorations and storage as directed.
- Performs similar and other related duties as required.
- Follows yearly preventative maintenance schedule as prepared by Director of Facilities Management and ensures that work is completed as scheduled.
- Completes preventative maintenance inspection slips and develops plan of action if further work is required. Submits preventive maintenance slips to Assistant Director of Facilities Management.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director of Facilities Management works collaboratively with the contracted fire inspectors. All Fire Equipment must be tested and documented as per requirement which is done in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and The Herrick House policies and procedures.
- Performs hazard/safety/OSHA compliance inspections twice a year and maintains documentation of inspections.
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary exterior building repairs are done on a timely basis Maintenance Responsibilities - Grounds/Landscaping
- Keeps grounds free from debris, maintaining a safe, clean and attractive Herrick House exterior.
- Keeps trees, bushes, shrubs, etc. trimmed.
- Plants and maintains flower gardens.
- Maintains outdoor furniture and ensures it is kept clean and in a safe condition.
Equipment to Operate to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Maintenance Cart
- Wet Vacuum
- Snow blower and other grounds/landscaping equipment
- Assorted work/power tools
- Pressure Washer
- Industrial Size vacuum and/or floor buffer
Education/Experience: Knowledge with OSHA standards. Also required is the ability to organize and provide the maintenance needs of the residence and work with outside vendors and contractors as needed. Requires the skills to perform maintenance functions on the building and grounds. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. A high school diploma is required. Computer knowledge as needed.
Certification/License: Valid driver’s license in the state employed is required, with no more than two moving violations in a three-year period as determined by our insurance broker.