This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lawrence, MA
Job ID: 163661-1A
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2021
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Mental Health Counselor performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties and responsibilities. Primarily responsible for ensuring an environment that promotes safety, recovery, and treatment. Works effectively and collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of quality care.
The Mental Health Counselor's Responsibilities are:
1. Assists in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed, monitor patient valuables during body and belonging search and enter proper data into computer.
2. Assists with case management duties, which include one on one client contact each shift, family conferences if needed, collaboration with other service providers and follow up with referral programs.
3. Contribute to the assessment, individualized crisis prevention planning, discharge planning, and care coordination processes.
4. Mental health counselors who are certified as a CPS also provide peer-to-peer support and psycho-education about wellness and recovery.
5. Acts as liaison to all inpatient facilities, case managers, psychiatrists, therapists, clinicians, referred agencies, and families to maintain communication for staff and clients.
6. Leads or co-leads supportive psycho-educational groups.
7. Participates in treatment team meetings, assists with development of care plans and report any issues for shift directly to the Registered Nurse.
8. Records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient’s safety status to the Registered Nurse.
9. Monitors the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
10. Other related duties as assigned; such as meal preparation and some housekeeping.
Part Time per diem