Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 163304-1A
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2020
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by screening patients, families, visitors & vendors for Covid during the pandemic and beyond, as needed. This customer service represents the entry points of hospital and off site locations and will strongly influence the overall perception of care for the patient.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required: Prior customer service and/or experience in a health care setting preferred.
? Good communication and interpersonal skills
? Common sense and good decision making skills
? For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and hospital colleagues.
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
PPE is provided: masks, goggles or shield required, Gloves for cleaning only.
On-call Requirement: N/A
Schedule Requirements: Schedule may be modified based on the needs of the hospital.. Holiday rotation required.
Travel Requirements: N/A
? Reporting to Director of Volunteers, Patient Transport & Greeters
? Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Winchester Hospital team, this position
· Administers required health questionnaires to employees, visitors, vendors, & contractors utilizing a provided screening tool.
· Greets patients and others timely and in a manner that is respectful and empathetic.
· Provides assistance with the entry/exit doors, as needed
· Offers wheelchair when appropriate. Retrieves wheelchair and assists individual into the chair. Pushes patient in wheelchair as necessary
· Reviews the computer system to assess information, as needed.
· Ensures individuals are directed as needed, including calling areas to determine the proper location & alert staff of their arrival.
· Answers common, non-clinical/complex questions and escalates questions as appropriate.
· Provides general information regarding the Hospital, its services and other information to improve the total experience.
· Provides a friendly hello and farewell when individuals enter or leave the hospital or it’s offsite locations
Provides a friendly farewell and well wishes when individuals leave the hospital.
· As the workflow and the work area allows, may perform other duties based on the needs of the hospital.
· Maintains a neat and orderly presentation of the desk area.
· Reports any facility and safety issues to the Service Response Center.
· Represents the hospital professionally by being neat and pleasant at all time.
15 hours: 2 weekdays 3-8pm plus every other Saturday & Sunday 3-8pm at FMC
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.