Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Behavioral Health Community Partner (BHCP) program at Lahey Health Behavioral Services is a new, innovative Care Management program for MassHealth members that are part of the new Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and or a Managed Care Organization (MCO).The Engagement specialist a front-line, first impression position requiring a customer-service oriented individual with a professional and positive attitude that will assess what is most important for the client regarding his/her health and life goals, encourage client questions about the BHCP program, provide information about the supports and resources offered as a benefit of program involvement, and invite the client to enroll in the BHCP program. The engagement specialist will display's positive voice qualities, communicates with clients in a courteous and professional manner, follows guidelines for engaging BHCP enrollee and clients.
The Engagement Specialists Responsibilities are:
- Will outreach and engage enrollees by phone identified as eligible for the BHCP program within the required timeframe
- When the client has limited phone connectivity, the engagement specialist will collaborate with BHCP management to identify the best strategy to outreach clients in the community.
- Will Review of prior claims and authorization data to identify network providers where clients have accessed care and may have information about the location of the client.
- Collaborates with BHCP care management team to identify last known address or phone number, as well as accessing any other information that allows the client to be located while maintaining confidentiality.
- Engagement specialist will be sensitive to personal and private information and shall not disclose personal health information (PHI) to an unauthorized party in the interest of obtaining client contact information, unless an authorization to release information has been completed by the member, in accordance with HIPAA and 42 CFR
- Engagement specialist will work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- The engagement specialist will document clients that are difficult to reach, initially decline and discuss options with the client utilizing motivational interviewing techniques to assess the client’s state of change and provide appropriate resource for their motivational level.
- Completes all documentation (outreach documentation, mail letters to clients, billing sheets, insurance forms etc.) within expected timeframes and in compliance with LHBS and BHCP program expectations.
- Responsible for keeping procedural references organized and up to date.
- Will submit documentation that meets quality standards established by Lahey and Masshealth.
- Where possible and appropriate, facilitates linkages to community resource.
- Collaborates with BHCP management to identify a client’s last known PCP, if available, and to obtain information about contact options.
- For clients have that are unable to contact, outreach within the parameters of HIPAA and other privacy regulations, utilize social service providers in the community to locate client.
- For housing insecure clients, initiate contact and educates shelter providers of the BHCP program benefits available for eligible client with complex care and either in shelters or who may be living on the street.
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Additional education and bilingual preferred.
- A minimum of two years of customer service environment preferred. High record of dependability, confidentiality professional demeanor and good attendance record required.
- Proficiency with electronic health record documentation or ability to complete documentation electronically is required. Working knowledge of standard desktop applications such as Windows and Microsoft Suite.
- Must be detail oriented, effective multitasking, customer focused and possess skills in proper telephone etiquette. Ability to prioritize and follow established procedures. Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during busy periods and particularly in the event of an emergency.
- Must demonstrate good boundaries regarding confidentiality and personal relationships
- Demonstrate excellent customer service in verbal, interpersonal and written skills with the ability to work cooperatively within a diverse team environment. Ability to work independently with attention to detail yet uses good judgment in seeking advice when necessary.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.