Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Under the managerial oversight of the Director and where responsibilities are performed independently within established department policies and procedures, this position is responsible for managing the activities of the Revenue Integrity Analysts Team. To be certain that Lahey Health is generating accurate gross revenue capture to maximum net revenue reimbursement. Assists in planning, managing, coordinating, and supervising the operations and functions relating to accurate and compliant Hospital and Professional Revenue Charge capture means, and maintaining an up to date and compliant Epic Charge Master (CDM).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Responsible for monitoring and measuring daily revenue capture throughout the health care system
- Responsible for managing assigned staff within assigned area.
- Sets goals and objectives, determines priorities, monitors results, and manages the overall revenue charge capture activities that support on and offsite clinical departments and their Service Line Directors
- Provide integrated focus and direction to assigned staff based upon the assignment of clearly defined tasks, due dates and deliverable / outcome expectations
- Define staff performance expectations and provide consistent, ongoing feedback
- Manages and mentors assigned staff. Helps to develop assigned staff and resources to ensure optimal performance and service delivery excellence.
- Manages internal staff auditing and production. Supports the Director of Hospital Billing in preparing monthly audit, production, and work quality reporting.
- Collaborate with Directors, Managers, and Key Stakeholders to create a working environment that ensures success at all levels across PFS
- Manages complex projects related to existing and new revenue initiatives, provides support for projects in which senior managers, managers, and directors are involved
- Identify opportunities to optimize workflow processes across PFS for operational workflow development and implementation
- Assists in developing workflows for charge capture strategies for new technology, while keeping abreast of the ever changing payer and CMS regulatory environments
- Assist with the development of auditing, coding, billing, and documentation educational materials throughout PFS.
- Responsible for assisting in the following aspects related to human resources:
- assists in keeping job descriptions and standards of performance up to date
- provides guidance for colleague skill and knowledge training, orientation and
- education, including re-training as necessary
- evaluation of work performance and recommendations of merit or other
- increases/decreases in compensation
- provides direction in regard to selecting, hiring, and training of staff
- Ensures that the division meets Lahey customer service standards.
- Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
- 5+ years in Healthcare Environment preferably in Revenue Cycle environment
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- The knowledge and abilities required to perform this function would typically be acquired through training and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor degree; three (3) years of managerial/supervisory experience in Hospital and/or Professional billing or related revenue cycle field. Comprehensive knowledge of the components associated with billing for a hospital and/or large multi-specialty academic group practice. Excellent verbal and communication skills along with the ability to maintain productive and professional relationships. Excellent problem identification, analytical, and solving skills. Excellent ability to mentor.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.