Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
About the Job
Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, this senior leader will develop and direct digital marketing and marketing intelligence strategies for Beth Israel Lahey Health and all of its hospitals, service lines and business units, in alignment with our mission and business strategy.
This individual will play an integral role in shaping business strategy and growing patient volume for Beth Israel Lahey Health, and advance the organization’s standing both regionally and nationally as a consumer-focused health care provider. Within the digital strategy component of the role, the scope of oversight includes web strategy and development for BILH’s public-facing websites and intranets as well as our presence on third-party websites, digital engagement, mobile and interactive platform development, lead generation via search engine and social media marketing, design and management of consumer-facing tools including physician search, online appointment scheduling, apps and marketing call centers. Within the marketing intelligence component, the scope of oversight includes marketing research, data warehouse development, Consumer Relationship Management (CRM) and Marketing Automation (MA) strategy and implementation, segmentation, machine-based learning and predictive modeling, identification and adoption of emerging marketing and communications technologies, and forecasting, analytics and reporting for the entire Marketing & Communications department.
To achieve these objectives, this senior leader will be highly knowledgeable of the system’s business strategy, routinely interface with executive leadership, and recruit and direct a team of subject matter experts, and select and lead strategic relationships with various agencies and technology vendors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Develop digital marketing strategy to achieve system goals and objectives and achieve measurable results.
- Direct major website development projects from strategic conception through development, execution and assessment of results. Develop personas, journey maps and user requirements. Build, maintain and advance BILH.org and all underlying public websites, as well as BILH intranets, with a focus on high quality design, navigability and optimization to enable delivery of an exceptional user experience.
- Develop interactive strategy; build and implement related platforms including apps, mobile and consumer-facing tools to enable physician search, appointment scheduling and other online communications channels.
- Lead search engine marketing and social media marketing strategies and tactics to generate interest and volume for health system services.
- Develop CRM platform and integrate with EHR and third-party data to precisely identify and engage with patients based on their health needs and preferences. Implement marketing automation to enable long-term engagement with personalized content.
- Establish processes and protocols for campaign ROI measurement, along with associated reporting. Utilize A/B testing and data analytics to continuously optimize results.
- Identify new technology and digital communications channels; determine applicability to our business and marketing strategies, develop, implement, and measure effectiveness and refine.
- Design marketing research capabilities to enable consumer insights to inform business strategy and measure effectiveness of branding, advertising and communications efforts.
- Lead the development of a marketing call center as the source of intake for all marketing-generated leads. Partner with Strategic Planning on the integration of this capability within the development of a Patient Access Center.
- Direct activities for multiple functional areas. Recruit, direct and motivate a team of subject-matter experts in assigned disciplines. Ensure productivity is maximized and specified goals and quality standards are met.
- Develop and manage a client-centric operating model, providing proactive and responsive customer service to hospital and business unit presidents. Work closely with clinical and administrative departments to provide support and ensure alignment. Serve as an internal consultant on web-based marketing and other digital marketing strategies. Establish service level agreements; continuously measure and report on performance.
- Collaborate with department peers in the disciplines of Clinical Marketing, Communications and Consumer Engagement & Branding to develop interdisciplinary strategic plans for key service lines and initiatives.
- Formulate collaborative relationships with the IT department; partner on server and database administration and security.
- Select and manage expert external resources/agencies to provide consultation and assistance.
- Develop and manage system-wide budget that includes appropriate funding for all relevant plan components. Monitors and evaluates spending on an ongoing basis, with a goal of maximizing cost-effectiveness of operations.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA highly preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in marketing leadership roles, ideally in a matrixed environment.
- 7+ years of supervisory experience
- 5+ years of health care experience, preferably within a large provider system.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Relationship Management: Demonstrated skills and experience developing leadership relationships, with strong executive presence and confidence.
- Leadership: Experience leading and motivating teams, including performance management, collaboration, mentoring and career development.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Maintains composure and focus and provides leadership in crisis situations.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often system-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade
- Knowledge: Broad and comprehensive knowledge of health care, including diseases and conditions, symptoms and treatment options for all specialties.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups across functional areas.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.