Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
About the Job
The Human Resources Partner (Floating Assignments) (HRBP- FA) serves as the onsite and virtual Human Resource Consultant to all levels of employees, including leadership and staff. This position will be expected to work in multiple sites/departments and cover HRBP vacancies that may arise. When not covering vacancies, the HRBP-FA will be assigned special projects in a variety of Human Resources topics and areas.
This is a unique role for a highly experienced Human Resources professional that can work in a variety of situations and rapidly add value to whatever part of the organization they are assigned. The role requires a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and ability to adjust effectively to new, changing, diverse tasks, requirements, coworkers and environment. In addition, the HRBP-FA must be able to demonstrate a credible and confident demeanor that reassures others and gains respect; conveying an image that is consistent with the organization’s vision and values.
The HRBP-FA will have a solid line reporting relationship to the Chief Human Resources Officer for Beth Israel Lahey Health System Human Resources. Dotted line reporting relationships may arise depending on the client being supported by the HRBP-FA. The HRBP-FA may eventually report directly to another role within the BILH centralized Human Resources team as Workday HRM is implemented and the Target Operating Model for centralized Human Resources is finalized. The HRBP-FA is an essential member of the BILH HR strategy. This role is critical to BILH as it aligns HR strategy with market business plans and helps leaders implement these actions within specific hospital locations.
The primary purpose of the HRBP-FA role is to provide consultative support and partnership to the Hospital or Business Unit presidents, leaders, and employees in his/her assigned facilities to drive critical human capital initiatives and associated business results. This role leads activities and ensures successful achievement of objectives related to employee engagement, workforce management, performance management, talent acquisition and development, succession planning, diversity and inclusion, communications, and change management. The HRBP impacts overall business performance and employee engagement by providing strategic, creative, and collaborative leadership across assigned facilities. Further, this role proactively diagnoses issues and opportunities and takes necessary action to bring timely resolution.
To be successful, the individual in this role must:
- Lead with a system mindset that embraces transformation and change.
- Build strong, cross-functional relationships that involves and engages leaders and teams at all levels at the local hospital and throughout the system operations.
- Foster a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Have knowledge of the HR functions and associated HR policies, approaches, and environmental constraints, as well as relevant HR laws and regulations.
- Partners with leaders in the planning process to ensure strategic plans drive business results, optimize customer service, and align with company values. Contributes to the development of people strategies that support business strategies and objectives, and help to drive business and organizational performance. Support and influence key operational and strategic decisions.
- Understands the general business conditions that affect their facilities and associated service lines while staying current on the research and trends within HR to present an informed point of view.
- Identifies solutions and provides consulting to leaders on how to effectively accelerate the development of employees (i.e. exposure events, project assignments, coaching, etc.)
- Provides guidance, coaching, and consultation regarding leading people and organizational management practices to develop leaders
- Encourages employees and managers to embrace new philosophies, technologies, and company initiatives
• Provides input to HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) regarding specific functional strategies, programs, and practices to ensure that they meet business needs. Serves as an advocate for business leaders and managers.
- Leverages human capital expertise to advise and hold facilities accountable for sustaining engagement action plans (e.g., by suggesting tactics, acting as a sounding board, and reviewing and approving actions plans within assigned area)
- Uses organizational diagnostics (e.g., surveys, workforce analysis, HR compliance reporting, etc.) to proactively identify and react to key talent/employee engagement challenges and opportunities in the business. Partners with leaders and HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) to craft, select, implement, and/or support solutions (e.g., team or individual assessments, manager assimilations, team building events, coaching, customized training, or other appropriate actions)
- Promotes adoption and effective use of company programs such as reward, recognition, talent, and communication programs; as needed, leverages HR COEs for support and deep subject matter expertise
- Participates in the interview and selection process as needed to ensure consistent quality of leadership. Applies best diversity and inclusive practices to promote inclusive hiring and promotions.
- Leads talent assessment and development discussions leveraging program, approach, and template guidelines provided by HR COEs
- Leads conversations with facility teams on sourcing, recruiting and staffing plans, and partners with Talent Acquisition team to determine and support hiring plans
- Coach leaders on change management strategies and resistance management techniques in accordance with the BILH change management methodology
- In partnership with other business leaders, create strategies to identify and overcome barriers (e.g., by facilitating meetings/conversations to identify root-cause issues of change blockers and coaching managers on appropriate tactics to mitigate or overcome issues)
- Develops and implements plans to ensure exceptional results from change initiatives
- Identifies where inconsistent communications or messaging may appear and aligns communicationplan with company strategy to ensure expected results
- Supportsall aspects of HR during new facility openings, closings or relocations. Inpartnership with senior HR leaders, provides human capital consultationregarding team, department, or more significant business/operationalrestructuring.
- Interprets and ensurescompliance with collective bargaining agreement regarding human resources andoperational matters, in collaboration with senior management. Represents hospital administration in labormatters including chairing labor/management meetings and contract negotiation.Ensures collegial relationship with nurse committee.
- Completes special projectassignments on time and on budget with a high degree of quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field
- At least 10 years of progressive HR experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and/or authority
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing or supervising others, with either direct or indirect report responsibility
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resources generalist experience across multiple disciplines (e.g., workforce planning; talent acquisition; career development) while interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff
- Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication, and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in and across the organization
- Proven leader with the ability to build and manage people and engage high performing teams
- High energy with a strong work ethic
- Master’s degree
- SPHR or SHRM-SP
- Workday HRM
- Experience as a HRBP working within a multi-site system environment and working with large, widely dispersed, workforces
- Labor Collective Bargaining
- Experience in managing complex mid- to large-size projects within Human Resources.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team and helping to foster/create high employee engagement
- Certification in change management certification (PROSCI or Certified Change Management Professional- CCMP)
- Demonstrated experience developing, adapting, or facilitating training
- Demonstrated experience actively serving as a strategic business partner for other parts of the organization
- Obsession with service orientation; sense of urgency and follow-up and responsiveness; high-level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities between client work and program development in a fast-paced environment
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.