Location: Lawrence, MA
Job ID: 163204-1A
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2020
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Nurse works collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team in a crisis stabilization unit. Provides crisis intervention and performs clinical screening/assessments of children and adults' mental health, substance use, and physical health needs.
The Nurses Responsibilities are:
1. Assesses the presence of behavioral health conditions of clients in crisis.
2. Assures collection of appropriate assessment and screening information, to include bio-psycho-social information, psychiatric and medication history, alcohol/drug information.
3. Responsible and accountable for the quality of nursing care delivered, and establishes/oversees medication administration according to the Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s order.
4. Monitors the biomedical status and conditions of all clients admitted. Timely and accurately records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the client’s safety status in the medical file and to their supervisor.
5. Participates in treatment team meetings, assists with development of care plans, and reports directly to the Nurse Manager/Program Director any issues for shift report.
6. Collaborates with other members of the team in providing health information and maintenance of the medical record.
7. Monitors the patient milieu for safety issues and assists with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
8. Assists in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed.
9. Complies with organization and program specific policies and procedures.
Schedule: Per Diem
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.