Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 163179-1A
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2020
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by providing accurate and therapeutic food and nutrition services to our patients. This staff position will have an impact on patient satisfaction and our ability to continuously improve quality and safety by providing patients with nutritional information and healthy food choices during their hospital stay.
Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Required: Some work experience
Preferred: Prior patient contact, food service and/or customer experience
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
Preferred: Basic computer skills
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BLS or Heartsaver CPR Adult & Pediatrics
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Infant, Children, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Rotating schedule with weekend and holiday rotation
· Reports to Clinical Nutrition Manager
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others
As part of the Food & Nutrition Service team, this position:
· Completes the menus with patient, considering food allergies, ethnic/cultural issues, food preference, tolerance and the nutritional plan as determined by the dietitian.
· Retrieves full food carts/trucks from the kitchen and delivers to patient floors.
· Carries trays to appropriate patient and delivers accurate and timely meals according to the prescribed diet order per department standards.
· Addresses personalized patient requests, by working with the kitchen and dietitian in an effort to accommodate the request within the patient care plan.
· Sets up and feeds patients as needed.
· Completes basic clinical documentation using the computerized system and/or Kardex system as appropriate.
· Maintains cleanliness and safety of food in unit kitchens by stocking food items, according to the needs of the unit, rotating stock to avoid expired food. Records daily temperatures of unit’s fridge and freezer.
· Assists in the tray line in the kitchen by checking food trays for accuracy, and assisting in the kitchen with other dietary needs for the patient.
· Gathers Quality Assurance data (daily/weekly/monthly) and documentation to ensure compliance with the hospital’s quality and patient safety initiatives.
· Maintains a clean and safe environment to enhance patient satisfaction and a culture of safety.
· Responds to equipment issues in a timely manner to ensure availability of equipment and to maximize its useful life.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.