Location: Woburn, MA
Job ID: 162918-1A
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission to care, to heal, and to excel in service to our community. This professional staff position will have an impact on improving patient satisfaction by providing the best possible massage therapy sessions to individuals to meet their needs.
Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and Massage Therapy Certificate
Required: At least one year in pregnancy massage and/or massage for cancer patients
Preferred: Craniosacral and hot stone massage
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
Required: Massachusetts Massage Therapy License
Preferred: National Certification Board for Therapeutic and Bodywork (NCTMB)
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: N/A
Travel requirements: N/A
· Reports to the Associate Director of the Community Health Institute
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others
As part of the Community Health Institute team, the Massage Therapist:
· Assesses individuals for massage, solicits information from the client that will be helpful in developing the most favorable outcomes for the use of the therapy.
· Demonstrates proficiency in the use of relaxation, and other specific techniques.
· Provides massage according to the required standards.
· Completes all paperwork in a timely manner.
· Maintains equipment by cleaning therapy tables and reporting any damaged equipment to supervisor.
· Maintains supply inventory by monitoring supply levels, ordering and stocking new supplies.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.