Location: Rowley, MA
Job ID: 163024-1A
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2021
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Sign On Bonus up to $3000 (pro-rated for part time)
The School Nurse is a RN who provides high quality nursing care to the students attending the day school. Addtionally, the School Nurse oversees medication administration and documentation for the school. Interfaces with psychiatrists primary care physicians, and parent supports to coordinate care for all students. Assesses student's physical and psychological conditions on an ongoing basis throughout the school day.
Solstice School is a fully accredited therapeutic day school that works with students who have learning, mental health or behavioral issues.
The Nurses Responsibilities are:
1. Responsible and accountable for the quality of nursing care delivered, and oversees medication administration protocol.
2. Monitors students for any physical or psychiatric conditions requiring treatment. As needed, provides consultation to families and support teams.
3. Administers medication during the school day and ensures appropriate documentation is completed.
4. Provides instruction and training to all staff as is ordered/directed/necessary.
5. Communicates with treatment team regarding youth needs, changes in status, and all emergencies regarding medical or psychiatric condition.
6. Attain certification as school nurse level I through the SHIELD program.
7. Perform and/or track state mandated health screenings for students.
8. Maintains current medication administration delegation, certification, and MCSR through the Department of Public Health
9. Trains and supervises unlicensed personnel assigned medication administration
Monday - Friday (Day Shift)
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.