Location: Beverly, MA
Job ID: 163006-1A
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
As part of the primary care treatment team, assist primary health care providers with recognizing and treating mental health disorders and substance abuse by identifying, triaging and managing patients within the primary care setting. Collaborate with the primary care providers using behavioral health screenings to identify level of care, resources and treatment planning. Provide short-term therapy, using a range of evidence-based treatment modalities.
The Clinicians Responsibilities are:
1. Review medical record prior to initial evaluation to familiarize self with patient’s history in order to perform a thorough, quality assessment.
2. Exercise knowledge from medical record, screening form and patient presentation, to assess patient for behavioral health disorders and the continuum of substance use disorders, including use, abuse and/or dependence.
3. Utilize clinical skills in brief treatment approaches such as: CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Problem-Solving Therapy, Supportive Therapy, Behavioral Activation and Psycho-Education.
4. In collaboration with the primary care treatment team, design behavioral health treatment plan of care based on patient needs and overall assessment.
5. Implement strategy to meet the education needs of the patient/family/others as it relates to psychological health and/or substance use.
6. Design and execute effective behavioral health and substance use education curricula classes for staff and other providers.
7. Complete all clinical documentation (intake packets, termination/transfer, billing sheets, insurance forms etc.) within expected timeframes and in compliance with organization policies. Documentation must meet quality standards established by regulatory bodies and the agency.
8. Adhere to all organization, federal and state regulations, guidelines and/or contractual obligations.
9. Knowledge of or ability to learn insurance standards for both commercial insurances and Mass Health products.
10. Develop supervision plan with supervisor and meet on a regular basis to discuss clinical, organizational, and agency issues and review performance.
11. Build and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, patients, visitors, external providers, regulatory bodies, and the broader health care community.
12. Maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive data at all time.
13. Other related duties as assigned.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.