Welcome to Lahey Health Primary Care. With over 55 primary care practices in more than 30 nearby communities , our primary care physicians and care teams provide quality close to where our patients live or work. We have a team approach to patient care and have developed long-standing, mutually respectful relationships with local specialists at our affiliate hospitals to guide and support the most effective and efficient patient care. As part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health system, we now have the opportunity to care for even more individuals across eastern Massachusetts.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Site Manager, performs patient triage and has patient care responsibilities in support of multiple health care providers. Performs clinical, technical and clerical duties to ensure quality patient care is provided. The Medical Office RN works in collaboration with the physician(s), other healthcare provider(s) and other clinical support staff within the department and with other disciplines to plan and coordinate the delivery of patient care. The Medical Office RN demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide expected standards of care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, spiritual, safety and age-appropriate considerations of patients. Responsibilities include health maintenance, teaching, counseling, collaborative planning and restoration of optimal functioning and comfort or for the dignified death of those they serve.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Telephone triage and assessment
- Renders patient care within the scope of their training, including administering immunizations and allergy injections, performs blood draws, and obtains height, weight and blood pressure on all patients and documents appropriately in patient’s chart.
- Assists physicians with minor procedures.
- Prepares exam rooms and restocks supplies.
- Enters required information for prescription refills properly through electronic medical record.
- The Medical Office RN is expected to and is accountable for providing safe patient care by demonstrating organizational skills that maintain and coordinate safe delivery of quality care for assigned patients/families.
- Performing systematic patient and family assessment relevant to practice settings and record the related health data.
- Analyze and interpret recorded data. Make informed judgments as to the specific problems and elements of nursing care mandated by a particular situation.
- Delivering care that is specific to the age of the patient
- Utilizing listening skills and clinical judgment in decision making to telephonically assess the severity of patient caller signs and symptoms.
- Evaluating effectiveness of care and adapts plan based on patient/family response
- Providing patient care by 1. Providing necessary physical care to appropriate patient populations which include ADL’s, positioning, transporting, and treatments 2. Utilizing and transporting equipment 3. Monitoring and recognizing acute changes in the patient and intervenes appropriately and 4. Administering medications including blood and blood products
- Establishes professional relationship with nurses, physicians and other colleagues and patients and families.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient’s illness and treatment including preventative measures appropriate to the patient.
- Supports Lahey Clinics commitment to community based activities both within the Lahey community and beyond.
- Collaborates, cooperates and communicates with other healthcare providers to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Demonstrates skills as a responsive team member.
- Demonstrates role of nurse as teacher.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill role in regulatory compliance and readiness.
- Serve as patient advocate, within the limits of the law.
- Upholds standards of quality nursing care
- Demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Demonstrates evidenced based practice (EBP) in nursing.
- Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and CREATE Values.
- Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate competency in working with the Electronic Medical record system
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Nursing degree required.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Current RN license to practice in state of Massachusetts. Must maintain BLS certification.
Medical Office experience is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Excellent communications skills to effectively educate and assist patients as well as interacting with providers and staff. Ablility to make sound decisions under pressure. Ablility to handle confidentiality information. Must have the organizational skills and the ability to follow through on tasks.
DAYS/ 40 HOURS/FULL-TIME/LYNNFIELD
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.