Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Under general supervision, assists with the inventory control of medical/surgical supplies within the CPD department and the user departments by performing a variety of tasks including, data entry, maintaining and establishing par-levels and custom requisitions for customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Processes all data-entry in a timely fashion, ensuring that on hand quantities of supplies are as accurate as possible at all times.
2. Runs daily ?out of stock? report, checks significant discrepancies, and makes appropriate adjustments immediately.
3. Processes all custom requisitions within the established time frame. Edits requisitions as needed to ensure all items used by a given department are included on each requisition. Researches custom requisition issues as they arrise, ensures appropriate communication with the customers.
4. Receives, enters, prints-out and prepares the daily OR schedule
5. Compiles and analyzes data retrieved from the Central Processing and Distribution inventory control computer system: makes appropriate recommendations to user departments based on same and informs supervisor of pertinent changes.
6. Manages all faxed orders and other correspondences faxed to the department ensuring orders are processed within the established time frame and all other material is dispersed appropriately.
7. As part of the job functions, will have access to non-controlled medications for stocking purposes only.
8. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
9. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
10. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
11. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
12. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
13. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
14. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
15. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
16. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent education and experience
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Not required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Basic PC skills and knowledge of medical terminology
Experience: 1-3 years working in a medica/surgical inventory or related environment
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.