This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tewksbury, MA
Job ID: 162719-1A
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2020
Welcome to Lahey Health Primary Care. With over 55 primary care practices in more than 30 nearby communities , our primary care physicians and care teams provide quality close to where our patients live or work. We have a team approach to patient care and have developed long-standing, mutually respectful relationships with local specialists at our affiliate hospitals to guide and support the most effective and efficient patient care. As part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health system, we now have the opportunity to care for even more individuals across eastern Massachusetts.
About the Job
GENERAL SUMMARY: Assists with coordinating the day-to-day operations of a provider practice, which includes patient flow, provider schedules, charge entry, deposit of copayments, referral processes and staff supervision. Also works with Practice Coordinator to ensure practice growth, profitability, quality care, and patient, provider, and staff satisfaction. Works closely with Practice Coordinator to communicate practice needs, problems, and concerns and to communicate ideas and suggestions to increase patient volume and improve practice’s financial position. Supports and communicates WPA policies and procedures to providers and practice staff. Extended hours may be required to attend meetings, insure practice staffing and meet deadlines.
3. Assists in coordinating effective operation of the front desk insuring a customer service focus while gathering appropriate information needed for clinical care and billing. Responsible for accurate and timely submission of patient charges. Provides backup support to all practice staff, including training of scheduling patient appointments and collects pre-registration information at the time of scheduling, patient registration, verifying health insurance coverage and demographic information
4. Maintains insurance referral management system. Assists in developing practice protocols for referrals and educates patients, families and practice staff about referral protocols.
5. Responsible for managing phones (on/off service), retrieving messages from answering service and communicating messages to appropriate staff. Handles routine telephone inquires in a courteous and professional manner and provider back-up to staff in dealing with difficult patients and other problems.
supporting practice growth, profitability, quality care and patient, provider and staff satisfaction.
overhead. Works with Practice Coordinator to develop supply, capital, and staff
budgets and revenue projections.
9. Insures a safe working environment by resolving maintenance, housekeeping and
physical plant problems. Ensures that office and clinical equipment is kept in good
working order. Ensures that the Practice’s OSHA Manual is complete, and up-to-date and accessible to staff. Maintains MSDS for all chemical used in the practice.
Monitors service contracts and arranges for repairs and/or preventive maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
5. Keyboarding ability and knowledge of practice management software.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None Required
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None Required
AGE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Not Applicable
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
2. Work requires the ability to occasionally lift or move boxes of supplies or forms up to 30
OSHA EXPOSURE: Job involves possible exposure to blood and body tissue or fluids.
DAYS/ 40 HOURS/ FULL-TIME/ TEWKSBURY FAMILY CARE
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.