This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Danvers, MA
Job ID: 162385-1A
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2020
Welcome to Lahey Health Urgent Care, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Health’s Urgent Care centers provide convenient and affordable quality care close to home. Our staff, specially-trained in emergency, family, or urgent care medicine, includes board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, radiology technologists and certified medical assistants. We know urgent medical situations often happen unexpectedly, so Lahey Health Urgent Care centers are here when you need us, open daily on a walk-in basis or also by appointment within 24 hours. We diagnose and treat non-life threatening illnesses, infections and injuries. Our centers include also include on-site lab and X-ray services.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Site Manager, The Medical Office LPN performs patient care responsibilities in support of
multiple health care providers and performs clinical, technical and clerical duties to ensure quality patient care is
provided. The Medical Office LPN works in collaboration with the physician(s), other healthcare provider(s) and other
support staff within the department and with other disciplines to participate in planning and coordinating the delivery of
patient care. The Medical Office LPN maintains a current level of knowledge and skill with technical procedures,
complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies, and is currently licensed in the state
of Massachusetts as an LPN.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Renders patient care within the scope of their training, including administering immunizations and allergy
injections, performs blood draws, and obtains height, weight and blood pressure on all patients and documents
appropriately in patient’s chart.
2. Assists physicians with minor procedures.
3. Prepares exam rooms and restocks supplies.
4. Enters required information for prescription refills properly through electronic medical record.
5. Under clinical guidance from a provider, provides telephone management to analyze and participate in a
patient’s care in accordance with their license.
6. Receives and communicates information through various processes, including (but not limited to) use of
computers, Intranet, email, hospital telephone system, and fax.
7. Delivers Care that is specific to the age of the patient.
8. Establishes collaborative relationships with nurses, physicians, other colleagues, patients and families.
9. Educates the patient and family about the patient’s illness and treatment including preventative measures
appropriate to the patient
10. Prepares patient for the appointment based upon the diagnosis, procedure and/or department protocols.
Includes proper patient attire (gowns/shorts etc), proper pre-visit tests completed according to policy and,
proper set-up for the procedure(s) to be performed etc.
11. Performs proper pre- visit procedures under direction of the physician or other health care provider prior to the
patient’s visit (suture/staple removal/dressing removal/ cast removal).
12. Observes and reports any abnormal symptoms or behavior to appropriate licensed personnel.
13. Provides and reviews appropriate instructions to patients regarding any diagnostic test and procedure.
Provides patient with written educational material, including diagnostic preparations, as necessary. Document
that patient instructions were given, as well as patient’s response.
14. Assists in performing departmental procedures with the appropriate provider.
15. Performs or assists with the admission and transfer process.
16. Completes all documentation required to meet all applicable standards of practice.
17. Administers medications and treatments as directed by the physician or other health care provider in
accordance with Lahey policy.
18. Ensures medical equipment is functional and medications and supplies are current in accordance to policy.
19. Meets expectations of annual competency verification.
20. Maintains competencies identified in the orientations skills checklist and participates in educational programs
21. Orients staff members and others to the department as requested.
22. Participates in Quality Assurance and CQI issues as well as to unsafe working conditions. Notifies manager of
safety concerns. Participates in unit based QI activities and is familiar with unit measurement data.
23. Proficiently utilizes electronic medical record to enter and retrieve patient information.
1. Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
2. Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and CREATE Values.
3. Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
4. Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
5. Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
7. Demonstrate competency in working with the Electronic Medical record system
8. Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently
adheres to Customer Service standards.
9. Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
10. Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
11. Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Nursing degree required.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Current license to practice nursing from the Massachusetts board of
registration. Must maintain BLS certification.
Medical Office experience is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Excellent communications skills to effectively educate and assist patients as
well as interacting with providers and staff. Ablility to make sound decisions
under pressure. Ablility to handle confidential information. Must have the
organizational skills and the ability to follow through on tasks.