This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Beverly, MA
Job ID: 162201-1A
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Beverly Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Beverly Hospital is a full service, community hospital providing leading-edge, patient-centered care to North Shore and Cape Ann residents. The hospital provides a full-range of state-of-the-art care and services including primary care, cardiovascular care, surgery, orthopedics, emergency care, maternity, pediatrics, as well as many other specialties. Beverly Hospital is nationally recognized for patient safety as it is one of only 42 hospitals in the United States to be awarded an “A” grade from The Leapfrog Group – the nation’s leading nonprofit watchdog on hospital quality and safety.
Beverly Hospital promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Community, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy.
About the Job
Processes tissue specimens and prepares microscopic slides for Pathologists' & Cytotechnologists’ use in patient diagnoses. Assists Pathologist on surgical bench. Assumes responsibility for compliance with all standards, quality control/quality assurance activities, inventory control, cost containment practices, policies, and procedures as required by regulatory/accrediting agencies, hospital and/or laboratory administration to ensure the overall accuracy reliability and quality of information relayed to the customer. Acts as a liaison between customers and the laboratory to promote increased customer satisfaction with laboratory services by both successfully answering inquires/resolving problems and by presenting a positive, professional image. Performs applicable LIS procedures.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Requires knowledge in general biology, anatomy, physiology, and chemistry with an understanding of the scientific method
· Performs a variety of technical procedures that result in the creation of microscopic slide preparations including:
- specimen collection and triage
- specimen processing
- embedding and microtomy techniques
- routine, special and IHC staining
- special specimen preparation
· Operates and maintains lab instruments
· Maintains records and documentation required to manage the daily workflow and provide QC/QA monitors
· Demonstrates interpersonal skills required to successfully perform as a team member in a constantly changing environment
· Maintains confidentiality regarding all phases of laboratory work and findings
20 hours per week, day shift. As assigned, responsible for working weekends, holidays, and for covering other than primary shift.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
· Associate's Degree and three year's histology experience
· Baccalaureate degree and one year histology experience
Certification/License: HT or HTL (ASCP)