Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 162171-1A
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2020
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission to care, heal and to excel in service to our community by providing a safe environment for staff, patients, visitors and property. This staff position will have an impact on employee and patient satisfaction by professionally providing security services in collaboration with all hospital departments to enhance the hospital environment and improve the patient experience.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· At least one year of security experience or one year successful completion toward a degree in Criminal Justice or Certified Healthcare Security Officer.
· Current Class D Driver’s License
· Crisis Prevention Intervention Certificate (Employees must be certified within 1 year of hire date. Employees must receive yearly recertification).
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BLS or Heart Saver
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Children, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Holiday coverage is required based on regular shift.
Travel requirements: May be required to travel expediently to off-site locations.
· Reports to the Manager of Security, Transportation and Parking.
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Security team, this position:
· Performs one to one and close observation of patients in a safe and professional manner in collaboration with Patient Care Services.
· Conducts interior and exterior patrols to inspect the grounds for criminal activity, and health and safety hazards.
· Provides one to one patient observation for at risk patients throughout the organization to keep the patient and others safe.
· Records and reports security and safety related incidents.
· Provides safety escorts upon request.
· Enforces parking regulations and assists with traffic control.
· Investigate lost or stolen items.
· Investigates alarms and emergency calls immediately.
· Reacts to emergency codes expediently to follow through on the situation until parties are safe or the situation is resolved.
· Responds to customer service requests in a timely manner with an emphasis on improving the patient experience.
· Supports shuttle services in daily duties, inclement weather and emergency situations by driving employees as needed.
· Transports bodies and body parts to the morgue, filing essential documentation timely and accurately.
Evening, 8 hours.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.