This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Rowley, MA
Job ID: 161770-1A
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2020
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Special Education Teacher will provide quality services to students with emotional and behavioral issues, through a commitment to team participation in planning and implementation of student programs including special instruction, tutorial assistance, and consultation to education staff.
The Special Education Teacher’s Responsibilities:
1. Maintains accurate and complete student records, and prepares reports on student’s and activities, as required by laws, organization policies, and administrative regulations.
2. Teaches socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
3. Prepares materials and classrooms for class activities; administers and grades tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
4. Delivers instruction on MCAS preparation and facilitates MCAS administration or other standardized tests.
5. Establishes and enforces rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
6. In collaboration with Educational Director develops individual educational plans designed to promote students' educational, physical, and social development. Prepares objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
7. Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
8. Instructs through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects such as English, mathematics, or social studies. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicates those objectives to students.
9. Employs special educational strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory- and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
10. Acts as coordinator of IEP implementation with general education staff; monitors student progress, participates in review and revisions of IEP, as appropriate.
11. Meets with other staff members to discuss individual students' needs and progress.
12. Meets with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
13. Observes and evaluates students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
14. Uses computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
15. Prepares for assigned classes, and shows written evidence of preparation in the form of lesson plans upon request of immediate supervisor(s). Attends supervision as scheduled and integrates supervision feedback into work performance.
16. Maintains all required training certifications (TCI, first aid, CPR etc.).
17. Provides crisis supervision and floor assistance as needed; responds in accordance with TCI protocols.
18. Attends staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
19. Selects, stores, orders, issues, and inventories classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
20. Other related duties as assigned.
Full time, 40 hours per week
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.