Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 161818-1A
Date Posted: Jun 19, 2020
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Under general supervision of the Registered Nurse, provides clerical support to our 22 bed Operating Room.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Prepares patients charts, ensuring that all necessary forms are available and relevant patient information is ready for use or review daily
2) Assembles charts for admissions, transfers, and discharges.
3) Utilizes appropriate computer systems to process physician orders for relevant patient information
4) Utilizes bedtracking systems to support timely patient flow.
5) Answers telephones, following Lahey Clinics established greeting; takes and transmits messages to unit staff.
6) Responds to queries from physicians, nursing staff, and visitors taking care not disclose confidential patient information to unauthorized individuals in accordance with various Lahey policies, outside regulations and laws governing patient confidentiality including but not limited to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
7) Inventories nursing units office supplys and orders new supplies as needed to maintain standard inventory levels. Stores supplies ensuring that areas are neat and organized.
Per Diam Days
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.