Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Organizational Transformation, the Enterprise Applications & Business Intelligence Senior Analyst is responsible for the creations and management of reports, scorecards, dashboards and analytic tools for a variety of divisional, departmental, and organizational priorities, including communication to senior leaders and trustees. Responsible for the development, design, implementation, and management of various departmental and enterprise-wide applications. This includes, but is not limited to, the implementation, modification, and testing of new and/or upgraded applications, systems, and benchmarking tools. Applies analysis techniques and procedures to gather and then translate business requirements into functional/technical specifications and designs for reporting, performance improvement, and the execution of strategic business goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Business Intelligence
- Establish and continually evolve the analytical standards of the organization, considering platforms, standards, and toolsets required to not only meet current analytic practices but also seek out evolving analytic solutions.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop and maintain a deep understanding of core business platforms and processes and to identify and capture data and analytical requirements with the goal of setting strategy for improvement and driving change with data.
- Responsible for accessing, validating, and querying data from data repositories using available tools (including MS Access, SQL, etc.). Sources of data include, but are not limited to, the clinical, operational, financial information systems at the hospital and department level, claims data, and comparative data.
- Design reports, dashboards, and visualizations for organizational reporting and strategy formation.
- Employ statistical methods and data science to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets in order to derive deeper insight as it relates to performance improvement
- Possess a strong conceptual and analytical skill set with an ability to interpret and apply statistical techniques, and effectively communicate the methods and findings to non-statistician team members and audiences.
- In conjunction with Information Systems, oversee validation exercises to ensure data integrity and quality, conducting periodic testing activities to ensure errors or discrepancies are resolved quickly.
- Provide recommendations to senior leaders on the reporting requirements necessary to meet clinical, operational, and strategic business objectives
- Communicate and present complex and multi-part analyses to senior leaders, large forums, and executive committees
- Enterprise Applications
- Provide recommendations to senior leaders regarding the systems and applications required to meet clinical, operational, and strategic business objectives
- Establish and manage software applications to design solutions, perform detailed data mapping and analysis, and produce business or clinical intelligence.
- Serve as lead project manager for the implementation, management, and maintenance of business intelligence applications.
- Serve as lead project manager and liaison to other IT stakeholders for the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of an enterprise data warehouse.
- Lead initiatives that look to optimize reporting from a variety of data sources into useful datasets and dashboards for monitoring organizational performance.
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, information systems, or related field. Master’s degree in public health, business administration, biostatistics, or information technology preferred.
Applications: Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, SQL Server Management Studio (T-SQL), and data science software (SAS, R, SPSS, Python, Tableau) required.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Epic Clarity EpicCare Inpatient Data Model certification preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Must have an uncompromising commitment to higher performance.
- Must be willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Must possess exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with superior presentation skills.
- Must possess a high level of initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness, with the ability to work independently as well as manage a project team to achieve results.
- Must have a strong aptitude for effectively influencing others at all organizational levels through strong leadership, mentoring, and motivational skills that promote a positive environment.
- Must have the ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
Experience: A minimum of three to five years of related work experience with data collection, management, and analysis, as well as business intelligence and data visualization. Project management experience related to information systems, websites and computer information databases.
Key Words: Hospital, EpicCare, Data Science, Healthcare Outcomes, Business Intelligence, Enterprise applications, SAS, R, SPSS, Python, Tableau, SQL, T-SQL, MPH, E.H.R., Outcomes Analyst, Performance Measurement, Strategy, Healthcare, Analytics, Consultant, Burlington, MA
40 Hour / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.