Location: Lawrence, MA
Job ID: 161620-1A
Date Posted: Jun 19, 2020
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Family Partner staff work collaboratively with MCI Coordinator and Clinicians to intervene and stabilize youth in crisis, with a focus on providing support to parents, helping parents navigate the mental health system, and offering their own personal experience to help educate the next steps for the youth in crisis.
Family Partner's Responsibilities are:
1. Work with family towards meeting goal(s) established in an existing behavioral health treatment plan/care plan.
2. Support the parent/caregiver’s capacity to ameliorate or resolve the youth’s emotional or behavioral needs and strengthen their capacity to parent.
3. Work one-on-one and maintain regular frequent contact with the parent(s)/caregiver(s) in order to provide education and support throughout the care planning process, attends Care Plan Team (CPT) meetings, and may assist the parent(s)/ caregiver(s) in articulating the youth’s strengths, needs, and goals for ICC to the care coordinator and CPT.
4. Educate parents/ caregivers about how to effectively navigate the child-serving systems for themselves and about the existence of informal/community resources available to them; and facilitates the parent’s/caregiver’s access to these resources.
5. Coordinate and communicate with members of the CBHI programs to serve as liaison between ESP and CBHI in order to support the Individual Care Plan.
6. Complete timely and accurate documentation to reflect services provided.
7. Person carries a caseload as assigned.
8. Communicate with Managed Care Entities to ensure authorization for services provided.
9. Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum staff qualifications for a Family Partner includes:
Monday thorugh Friday (hours are flexible from 8am to 8pm
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.