Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Behavioral Health Community Partner (BHCP) program at Lahey Health Behavioral Services is a new, innovative Care Management program for MassHealth members that are part of the new Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and or a Managed Care Organization (MCO). The RN Care Manager provides medical reconciliation, high quality integrated care, clinical assessment, is a Member of a multi-disciplinary team that support BHCP enrollees treatment plan.
- Ensure adherence to BHCP performance specification and support BHCP Director in the implementation and coordination of BHCP performance specification requirements, policies and procedures, training care transitions and other activities
- Perform medication reconciliation following inpatient stay within 3 days of discharge. Activities of medication reconciliation include but may not be limited to: Contacting the Engaged Enrollee's PCP to verify that medication orders from discharge are appropriate;
- Verifying that medication orders are filled accurately;
- Ensuring that the Engaged Enrollee demonstrates understanding of medication administration;
- Checking for any discrepancies and issues of medication non-compliance, particularly in cases of multiple prescribers
- Supporting the Engaged Enrollee's adherence to medication regimen;
- Identifying supports that are available or could be made available to support the Engaged Enrollee in medication administration; and
- For Engaged Enrollees participating in a Medication Assistance Program (MAP), sharing updated medication order forms from the Engaged Enrollee's PCP or discharging prescriber with the MAP provider.
- Review enrollee comprehensive assessments including medical history, medical needs, medication and functional status.
- Collaborate with the BHCP care team to ensure that assigned enrollee?'s behavioral and physical care needs are met and coordinated across all continuum care.
- In collaboration with the care team identify supports that are available or could be made available to support enrollee's in medication administration and compliance.
- Provide health education, coaching and symptom management to enable enrollee to managed their chronic conditions
- Participates in training, clinical rounds, quality meeting, treatment team meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Knowledge of and ability to work effectively with community based resources, referral networks, and public/private systems of care
- Perform other duties as needed to support BHCP program requirement.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Lahey policies and procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include supporting the BHCP Director with interviewing, hiring and training employees; performance management; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- The position does not have direct budgetary management; however in conjunction with the BHCP Director should have awareness of fiscal requirements and be able to disseminate accurate financial information to when appropriate.
- Utilizes active listening and gets clarification when needed; responds appropriately to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Responds to common inquiries and complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, and other service providers. Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Registered Nurse with experience in the field of mental health and/or substance abuse.
- Current Massachusetts RN license, BLS, and minimum of 2yrs experience preferably with Behavioral health
- Strong clinical management or leadership experience
- Proficiency with electronic health record documentation or ability to complete documentation electronically is required. Working knowledge of windows operating system and standard desktop applications such as Windows and Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability and desire work with a diverse client population. Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations; respond promptly to enrollee needs. Focus on solving conflict.
This is a part-time, 16 hour/week position.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.