This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 161149-1A
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2020
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality administrative and secretarial duties under the direction and supervision of the designated supervisor. Is expected to work effectively and collaboratively with the multidisciplinary treatment team and administrative staff to enhance the smooth delivery of quality patient care.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Support the administrative and clinical staff in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Serve as a preceptor for new employees and educate staff, as needed.
3. Utilizes supervision to enhance professional improvement and development.
4. Maintain a solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
5. Participate in ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
6. Cover necessary responsibilities for other secretaries or the receptionist during breaks, meal times and vacations.
7. Make phone calls to cover any sick calls and maintain proper staffing levels on the unit/department assigned and inform supervisor of any changes in staffing.
8. Report all patient care information received via fax, mail or phone call to the appropriate Clinical or Administrative staff member in assigned area.
9. Assist any consulting physicians, nurse practitioners, etc., in obtaining any information they need in order to complete their consultation.
10. Initiate and maintain patient care/staff records as designated in the department assigned.
11. Demonstrate suitable organizational skills in arranging appointments, schedules and room assignments and keep work area neat, clean and organized.
12. Coordinate the ordering of office supplies, maintenance requests and all other operational functions to ensure smooth operations within the department assigned.
13. Answers phone in a professional manner, identifying self and department, while maintaining patient confidentiality.
14. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Per diem, hours assigned as needed.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
High School diploma or equivalent with a college degree preferred. Prior secretarial experience preferred, with a familiarity with word processors / computers / faxes and can type at 40 wpm. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Demonstrates a willingness to learn as well as teach with positive and effective interpersonal relations skills. Ability to use sound administrative practices. Work cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).