Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Director in a non-clinical department, performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the mission and goals of the department. Is routinely exposed to and works with highly confidential departmental, budgetary, strategic, and staff information. Exercises independent judgment and decision making within the scope of the job. Possesses and applies above average proficiency and facility in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, and creation/editing of presentations. Serves as the primary point of contact and liaison for the Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Administrative Support Provides confidential administrative support
- Compiles, types, revises, combines, edits, prints and stores documents such as letters, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and contracts using Microsoft office and other applications.
- Organizes and maintains office filing system including filing correspondence and other documents and files such materials in a timely manner.
- Anticipates, prepares or compiles materials, reports, files required for conferences, meetings, telephone calls, etc. and informs executive on business matters that need to be considered.
- Prepares internal communications for limited and wide distribution, announcing organization-wide events, notifying staff of meetings, preparing agenda and meeting minutes, etc.
- Makes arrangements for conferences and meetings, and assembles background materials as directed. May attend meetings and record and report on the proceedings.
- Manages calendar, makes travel arrangements for off-site meetings, screens telephone calls responding where appropriate or transmitting for response.
- Serves as liaison between with senior management and members of the Board of Trustees and Board of Governors pertaining to particularly sensitive and confidential matters.
- Screens telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; personally responds to requests for information concerning office procedures or where knowledge of topic or source is known; determines which requests should be handled by appropriate staff member, or other offices.
Education: Associates degree in business administration, health management, or related field is required. Baccalaureate Degree is preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Advanced interpersonl skills and tact are required as well as discretion, good judgment, organizational and management ability., initiative.
- Must be proficient in such computer applications such as MSWord, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and other software applications that may be required in the positon from time to time.
- Possesses a high level of initiative and resourcefulness, with the ability to work independently
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Exhibits flexibility in work assignments
- Knowledgeable in the design and implementation of administrative reports and summaries using database and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of budget prioritization, cost-avoidance, and like-system comparison methods
- Strong analytical abilities with attention to details
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven writing and editing skills in order to review, edit, and write departmental communications
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.